ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 300849
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

can you please judge it already...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Lol I haven't forgotten about this thread. And was going to judge it as soon as I somehow got this animation from flash working as a gif.

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

erm... ok... when will that be...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Tomorrow, I promise.

I have been really mean to the entrants of this contest. Sorry about all the delays everyone.

Any ideas for the next theme?

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

no not really...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Uberly Delayed Judging...

Champs Exhibit - Random

Random has dropped off the face of the planet...so no animation from him.

First Place - Kevindude

Linkies

Another nice claymation Kevindude. The addition of the body part looked good, as did the flowers emotion and movement. The writing at the end was done very well also.

I really liked how the song was almost synced to the animation, with it changing when they got squished.

Other entries...

Only two others this week.

The Infinite Loop Award - Zega

Linkorz

A nice animation Zega, even if it only consists of a few frames. The flower looks nice.

Maybe next time try and add more frames in between to stop the cloud looking like it is jumping from place to place.

The Random Award - BarnD

http://barns2sidebars.webs.com/drawanevilflower.gif

A nice entry, very random...especially the unicorn. A little bit more effort could have been put into it, but overall a very good effort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annoyingly that is all the entries. Here is something that I made which is flowers...although I turned it into an ecard for my sister.

Link
(Music from NG)

Well...lets think of a new theme...

Theme: Halloween
Deadline: One month? Around the 15th November.

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

SWEET but uh... hmm... im pretty stumped on ideas for this one... oh well, ill probably think of something.... something iwth zombies... or shadows...

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Can you make Movie Maker into a .gif?

Cuz GIMP is too hard

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If you want just upload your movie maker file onto Youtube and then link.

It has to be animation though.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

If you want just upload your movie maker file onto Youtube and then link.
It has to be animation though.

I will just make a link. Not a youtube.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Ain't gonna enter this if someone don't suggest another animator, cause Pivot is acting up.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

What is the next theme?

How about Disasters!

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

im gonna revive this thread, but my animation probably wont be a claymation

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay I have pivot now! I don't want this dead...

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

im just about done, might not be able to upload it tonight though :/

Showing 661-675 of 707