ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 300852
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

here it is linkssss

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

So is the theme halloween? Its kinda like 3 months old lol

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Let's change the theme set a deadline and get this going again now that someone revived it!!!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well...if it is going to stay alive...

Theme: Motion
Deadline: Errr...Monday 19th...ish...

We won't bother about the last round...because there weren't many entries.

Animate?

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I was hoping for someone to revive this!

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

So is the theme motion? Or is Zophia going to resolve this issue

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

the theme is motion!!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well I am the current judge of this Contest, so it is going to be motion.

Have been the judge for a while, however I decided to let it stay resting in the pits of the dead threads because previous attempts to revive failed.

Hopefully this won't be one of them!

So yes, theme is Motion!

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Soon my animation will be complete!!

Also here's another one of mine(my 1st one in fact!):
The Line Fight

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by motion? All animations have motion. :S

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

it means: nothing can ever stay in one spot! it always has to be moving(i think)!!

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

How do I post animations on here?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

What is motion?
In this sense 'Motion' can be interpreted however you like - be it the motion of a car driving or a person walking. This is more looking at an object in the foreground moving rather than background scenery moving.

How to post animations!
- Save animation as a '.gif' file.
- Upload to a website such as Photobucket or Imageshack etc.
- Find the 'Direct link' (is likely to end in .gif) and copy it before pasting in to the box that comes up once you click 'Image.'

If it is too big try putting it into a Movie Maker file and then uploading to Youtube!

Or link to wherever it is.

Good luck!

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

YES! I finally have gotten pretty good at pivot, and this thread came back! Yay!

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Okayz, I finished my pivot, here it is.

A link if it runs slow, btw this is a loop.
http://i43.tinypic.com/msp3wg.gif

Showing 676-690 of 707