ForumsSupport ForumNew Merit Idea

39 4888
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think that if a thread gets 50 replies+, it should get a merit.

Because if a thread can get that many people, and people are liking it that much, i think it in a sense "helps" AG in a little way.

So the creator should be rewarded

• 39 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

It's an interesting idea and I've often thought about having merits in the forums, but the idea behind the forums is that they are their own reward. I think everyone is on the same page that merits are simply to push more people to write good reviews for games. The games area gets spammed far more than the forums do, so by having a bunch of people trying to set a good example makes the site look good.
I don't really see forums comments ever being rewarded.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It's an interesting idea and I've often thought about having merits in the forums, but the idea behind the forums is that they are their own reward. I think everyone is on the same page that merits are simply to push more people to write good reviews for games. The games area gets spammed far more than the forums do, so by having a bunch of people trying to set a good example makes the site look good.
I don't really see forums comments ever being rewarded.

Yeah Moegreche, don't you think also that it's unfair that many forum creators don't even participate in them?That would be unfair right?
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

It has to a good and clean topic then.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

How would that help?What I'm saying is that if they don't put their part, they don't deserve the merit.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

As of right now there are two ways to get merits.

1) Making good comments on games(this was the basis and idea behind merits)

2) and then there are contests.(I am currently holding one,and they are awarded by people posting comments on the mods profile who awards the merit,and they give that person a merit for that comment)

I don't really think we need more ways then that.If you want to have more ways to have merits given out then I would suggest that you create a new contest and talk to Carlie about it being awarded.Just be sure that it is fully thought through and has a good set of rules to it first.Thats all I can really suggest for you.I don't really think people should be awarded for coming up with something they might not participate in,and you would have to think of ways to counteract this without it having an effect on anything else on the site.

Djkgb
Djkgb
663 posts
Peasant

Good idea but RokkStarcody has a point

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I would think more of 50+ PAGES. 50 replies is not really much of a thread. So 50 pages, which isn't really a small topic, should get a reward, excluding forum games and clubs/clans.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

As i said before bad idea becuase the creators don't participate at all!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Example

The user that created the "Rate The Users Fame Above" has over 150 pages.

Well,he doesn't deserve 3 merits because he didn't participate in it.He only posted 2 or 3 times.You feel me guys???!?!??!?!

midget2
midget2
576 posts
Nomad

good in a way but i like pages better it should be like 45 pages though (crazy yes but needed) and only if it gets that much in a month or somthing. and then yes somebody that runs this site sould check it and give them a COMMUNITY MERIT

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

Then it'd be too easy to get merits and besides, the poster could just post as many times as he wants to points and merit points.

midget2
midget2
576 posts
Nomad

*and you can only get it once per thread*

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

COMMUNITY MERIT

Are you crazy!!Why would all of us get one for no reason!!
This idea would never be implemented!
lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

ummm well this is an easy way to get a merit as if a thread is old even if it is on a bad topic its gonna have over 50 or 100 replies

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I am not on anyone's side. You see, it counts on what kind of a thread it is you´r talking about. I think the moderators should decide if the thread deserves a merit.

Why, you ask. Lets see, this thread has over 30 posts, but only because you asked a question and many answered. The thread wasn´t very helpful, but still many replied.

Showing 16-30 of 39