ForumsSupport ForumNo Flash Ads?

16 4092
wurmy
wurmy
5 posts
Nomad

Hello
I have a question about submitting games. I've made a game, and I have put Newground's Flash Ads on it. When I'm in the submit page, at the bottom it says:
"I verify that this game does not contain Mochi ads or GameJacket ads"
Now, I don't have either of those ads, but are Newgrounds ads alright?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.. and sorry if this is not the right place for the question x_x

• 16 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i think its an ok thing.many many other games have ads for newgrounds,crazeymonkey games etc.., so i think its cool.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, that is alright. As long as it is specifically not those two types of ads, it is fine. Newgrounds is ok ;-)

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Sorry to interrupt, but what's wrong with Mochi ads and GameJacket?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

maybe AG and those two specific game makers havnt sorted out a copy right thing yet.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know enough about the situation to really know why they are not allowed. I just know that at this point, they aren't.

wurmy
wurmy
5 posts
Nomad

Haha, just another reason to use Newgrounds Ads I guess ;D

jackson77
jackson77
37 posts
Nomad

Newgrounds rocks anyways.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

The only thing I know is that MochiAds are the most annoying preloader ads ever.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

What's annoying about it?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It loads even if it doesn't have to, which is very annoying. I rate all the ads one star because it's so annoying. That's why I like armorgames.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by "It loads even if it doesn't have to"?

the_zombie_killer
the_zombie_killer
306 posts
Nomad

what i have noticed with mochi ads is that the game loads slower if you rate it 1 or 5 and the game loads noticeble faster if you rate it 2 or 4 rate it

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It loads even if it doesn't have to, which is very annoying. I rate all the ads one star because it's so annoying. That's why I like armorgames.

Yea, I don't like how you have to wait through it.

What do you mean by "It loads even if it doesn't have to"?

Some ads, like the ones on Armor Games, play while the game is loading. But when the game is done loading, you can click past the advertisement so that you don't have to watch the whole thing if you don't want to. Mochi ads makes you wait the entire duration of the ad, even if the game is done loading.
99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

I think what plokkey was trying to say is that even if the game is already loaded, and you go abck to it tomorrow, the little preloading bar will still make its slow way across the screen just to show you the ads.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think you are allowed flash ads.
Lots of the games here do.
Although I don't notice because of adblock.

Showing 1-15 of 16