ForumsWEPRLets talk about heaven....

805 147120
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I know alot of people avoid thees posts about GOD and Heaven but I just want to know peoples oppions about heaven.Do you belive there is a heaven and if you do what do you think its like?

• 805 Replies
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Ha... Ha?

I'm not sure what your talking about so I'm just gonna spit my opinion out there once again.

The Bible is no proof, it's a book written by the Romans, good 'ol philosophers.

The Romans use God the same way the Greeks use the Gods and Goddesses.

God is a figment of your imagination. But, you might like thinking someone is watching you while you masturbate, your opinion.

Have fun.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

The Bible is no proof, it's a book written by the Romans, good 'ol philosophers

Chosen prophets , with the holy spirit writing the books of the bible .

The Romans use God the same way the Greeks use the Gods and Goddesses

Except God is real , and is not made up for story telling .And there is not several gods there is just one God .
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

This is an answer each individual has to answer for themselves.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Chosen prophets , with the holy spirit writing the books of the bible .

I can be a Holy Prophet, I need to live in a cave and raise sheep and write "This will happen in the future because God said so" and then get back to smoking a pipe with "herb" and taking Opium with it...

LOL

But, when ever I disprove a Biblical story, you reply that the Bible was written by man and has errors...
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Responding to OP:

I do not believe in the conventional "heaven." It almost seems nonsensical to have an ending destination given that we have a "soul."

I feel that reincarnation is probably the best explanation. But not necessarily back to Earth or even this reality. I just feel that it is a never-ending journey.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I just feel that it is a never-ending journey.

So are you saying you believe in like coming back as some random person of an animal ?
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

In Scandinavian mythology, Valhalla (anglicized from Old Norse Valhollr "hall of the slain&quot is a majestic, enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the god Odin. full of drinking and partying.
wikipedia
That is where i'd like to end up.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Valhalla, not wikipedia.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You realize Valhalla also involves fighting and being wounded (beningly or mortally) everyday, though the wounds always heal.. also as far as I know, Valhalla is not forever, only until Ragnaroek, then you'll have to fight against giants and may really die. I haven't found out up to now what is awaiting after Ragnaroek, I never saw a mention of that. But probably it's Hel.
...Though I must agree with you, a banquet and lots of mead each evening sounds like a very good afterlife XD

But I like the celtic idea better, that under Sidhe's your soul undergoes a kind of rejuvenation and then goes back to the surface, where it impregnates the womb of a woman bathing in the river coming out of the Sidhe (or something like that..). In short it's like an eternal cycle as long as the earth lasts.
I still don't believe in any sort of afterlife, but the ideas are interesting.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Though I must agree with you, a banquet and lots of mead each evening sounds like a very good afterlife

that was my main idea
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I'm God, Respect Heaven!

Pfft. Everyone knows a real god writes in all caps. If he were to actually exist, that is.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

*TYPO, TYPE I MEANT TO SAY. JESUS WAS DISTRACTING ME AGAIN.

God doesn't commit mistakes. :b

Anyway, heaven being real? Nobody really knows until they die. In my opinion, you die and it ends there. Heaven was probably thought up in order for people to have something to look forward to in death, and with the whole Heaven/Hell deal, behave according to certain morals.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God doesn't commit mistakes. :b

No that typo wasn't a mistake, your just not fully comprehending God! :P
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

This is an answer each individual has to answer for themselves.

BORING. Lulz sorry.
1,855 posts
Nomad

HidenxBeast007, I sure hope you aren't being sarcastic, because you're acting a little outrageous.

Showing 781-795 of 805