ForumsSupport ForumLess "Hi I'm new" topics

27 3699
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What if when a newcomer entered in a new account in AG,the page would automatically takes them to the Introduce Yourself section.
Then some 2-3 arrows posting were to type,submit,and see the pages.
That way less(way less)threads will be made and AG would possibly run faster and smoother.

• 27 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The very basic stuff is the most important in my opinion.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

So you want disband not have topics showing that they have just signed up and talk a little about themselves? They are posted in a no AP zone. Mods can deletes topics if they want to. I see nothing wrong with new members of Armor Games wanting to show they just joined up.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

They kind of clog the forum and that may be a reason why AG runs slow at certain points.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I agree with drako, what's wrong with welcoming yourself. How is it clogging the forums when all your get in the newcomer's section are small questions and useless guides. The only thing I think is clogging that section are those pointless guides.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

It runs slow sometimes. That is 70% of the time a big mess of people on your connection, on something really dataly. Clogging up the forums is when you post something like this:

NOTE: NOT SPAM FROM ME.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

yeah. less of this nonsense.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Lolz, yes the topics don't make the site run slower. Do you have broadband or dialup?

I think that once you sign in for the first time, you should be brought to the help page... which pretty much contains all you need to know about AG. If they choose not to read it, well, that's their own problem.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Right on drako. If there's no AP being rewarded, there's no harm in just dropping by and saying hello -- it makes people feel more welcomed if they do that. And like drako wrote, most of the time AG runs slow because of something happening on the user's end.

(In fact, I think that's the only reason AG is ever slow, especially with that "Last Log In" feature... people said that made AG run slow, but I really doubt that >.>)

Anywho, I think the moderator's shouldn't really sit there and spoon feed new users like that, since it should be the users job to get informed and they have the tools necessary to do that. But, I'm certainly not against the idea of having a page redirection (namely to the RULES AND COMMON SUGGESTIONS). However, if you just dump links on them, what are the chances users are going to spend time reading them? Very little. They're interested in the games! :P -- sucks for them I suppose.

Also, Juan -- just because someone doesn't like your idea, you shouldn't be super offended by it. We're all trying to disect the pros and cons of an idea, and think of possible tweaks/changes to it. That was the entire point of posting your idea, wasn't it?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'm just trying to point out that it would be useful for some direct intros featuring the help page and community.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

They could automatically open up another tab...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Why would the newcomers forum be deleted?
I'm saying the page would directly take them there and tell them what to do.
You get me?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I don't get it. This suggestion has gone nowhere.

Why would the newcomers forum be deleted?

If you read then you would know exactly what I said.

I think having people telling them that

"if you ahv quzshuns akss me"

is enough help for them.
Showing 16-27 of 27