ForumsSupport ForumBirthday suprise!

67 8686
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, not sure if this has been brought up but he goes. So lets say on your birthday, there is a big colorfull thing that says birthday boy/girl?

No Ap or nything would come with it, just something to let every one know.

What do you think? No cons i can think of.

• 67 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Well, here's the thing. People lie about their birthdays, especially those 9-13. Imagine having a person say it's their birthday today, then the next, then the next -- they'd be birthday person all year if they could. Unless AG removes modified birthdays from the profile (in place, you'd have the permanent date only and you'd choose whether or not you want to show it) -- I don't see this idea happening.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Wait what? I didn't get a thing

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Wait what? I didn't get a thing

Well, skater's trying to say:

Imagine on your birthday there's a big colorful BANNER that says BIRTHDAY BOY/GIRL, that would be placed on your profile (probably)!
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well, it's too late for me. October 19th was mine. (Ironic that I got a concussion on that same day.) But I would love to see this implemented. Maybe as soon as you come to armorgames.com you would just see a huge banner. And some confetti.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

My birthday is this Saturday October 25!!!!!!!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

People could just change theri date of brith everyday....

Exactly what I wrote -- that's the biggest flaw in this idea, unless the dev's decide to make a 'ermanent' birth date (without option to modify it)
champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

That would solve that problem and i think it's a great idea.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

That's why it's bad...

Not a great idea. Plus, my birthday is far from now, it was June 10 :O

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Who cares, they do not get a reward for it, And lieing about their birthday only makes them look dumb.

It'd be a waste of resources if you ask me. Creating this birthday surprise system, only to have people constantly... "exploit" it in a sense.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well, here's the thing. People lie about their birthdays, especially those 9-13. Imagine having a person say it's their birthday today, then the next, then the next -- they'd be birthday person all year if they could. Unless AG removes modified birthdays from the profile (in place, you'd have the permanent date only and you'd choose whether or not you want to show it) -- I don't see this idea happening.

Well not that many people would do it. And those who do, let them. Does it really matter? There is no AP involved. If they really want to, then they can. But for those of us who wouldn't (the majority of users), it's just a fun thing to look forward to. So i think they should add this feature.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Well not that many people would do it. And those who do, let them. Does it really matter?

Interesting point, guess I was a bit blind to that fact.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well, I don't really see a problem if people change their birthday every day. There's no AP involved and all they would get is a banner. If it cheers them up every day, then it doesn't really matter. And for the rest of us that keep our real birthday, it would also be cool. I hope they implement this idea.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well not that many people would do it. And those who do, let them. Does it really matter?

Well you would know who would do it, spammers, addictive people on games and here on the site.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well why does it matter? It's not spam, it's harmless. If they really want to feel special all the time, let them. It has no effect on the rest of us.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Well why does it matter? It's not spam, it's harmless. If they really want to feel special all the time, let them. It has no effect on the rest of us.

Exactly... I've realized that now. Unless of course there's some sort of server issue involved, other than that, I'm in favour of this idea as well
Showing 1-15 of 67