ForumsSupport ForumBlock Users From Certain Threads

56 6646
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I brought up a point were you could block a user form commenting on your profile.Everyone said that it could decrease spam as well as flaming and all of them are correct. What if we made this......

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-14.jpg?t=1225747860

But of course of saying "Remove Friend" it would say "Block User From Thread".

What do you think?

• 56 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't think he knows how he's just pointing that out.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Shinetsu's idea seems much more... viable. Because it doesn't block them entireley from a thread... just a User's view (and hell! A User could even block an Admin/Mod. It won't help them but it would sure teach them a lesson!)
Yet it wouldn't solve the Spam problem... only the emotion problem...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Then say it man! We need to make things a little easier for everyone. I mean I'm sure the Mods are going crazy and every time they go to delete a comment they pick up a mallet and smash their click key to do so =O

It's not going to be pretty. PM me and I'll tell you. But for now, I like the idea I just posted in Page 5.

Yet it wouldn't solve the Spam problem... only the emotion problem...

Yep, but it does prevent you from seeing trash on a clean forum. Usually if there's spam from a user, chances are that user will continue to spam, which is why I suggested this idea, even though it benefits only yourself.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Now come on!Do you think mods/admins would make this if they could also be blocked?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I said before that moderators/admins are immune to be blocked. Their information is almost always important, so there would be no reason to block them. Even if some idiot wanted to, they would be immune.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Jaja you're one funny dude!
So yeah at idea did ShintetsuWA say?

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Shinetsu: But that' sthe main reason why many of these suggestions aren't made! Becuase the Mods/Admins deem the suggestion 'selfish' (I'm only guessing this is the case)

Off topic: Why does everyone still have the Haloween Armatars? Halloween is OVER!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Off topic:Cause they rock!!

Some suggestions seem selfish but they're also useful.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe so, annoying people blocked! Interesting!

OO0ofFffF T0OoOpIc:
Rarw Buah huh ah!

It would be pretty useful but not as much, a lot of people just stop after a while

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Extremely Off Topic: Goodnight! X/

This topic has gone off topic :P! I'm leaving it at let's find out!

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Very true, where did the off topic come from anyways?!

Showing 46-56 of 56