ForumsWEPRGlobal Warming

933 211418
zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in global warming because i think that it is so gradual that by the time it is dangerous the next ice age will counter act it

Does any one else have any views or opinions about that?

• 933 Replies
notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

and our laziness!

TMNTWIGY
TMNTWIGY
79 posts
Nomad

ya global warming is just a big fat myth that scinents just want 2 scare us. who agres with me on that 1?

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

well no because when fresh water enters the ocean it disrupts the natural order of the oceanic currents. And it would increase the oceans water size so many areas would be flooded along the coast or river lines.
and for the guy who started this topic why would we just wait till the next ice age. so we could all wait for 100s of years and maybe live through.

I belive in global warming, but peolpe are to greedy and selfish to stop polluting and become more nature efficeint.(im talking about major comapnies worldwide not a single person)

mastermind17
mastermind17
28 posts
Nomad

its a myth. but if it is real ill be the first to drown and the first to suffer lol

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

notataco is right. The ocean circulation relies on a delicate balance of salinity and temperature. If the salinity changes, then the temperatures will not be as constant. They have geographical evidence of what happened the last time that so much fresh water was released into the oceans: it completely shut down what we call the Great Ocean Conveyor belt and ocean circulation ceased. Atmospheric conditions rely heavily on the ocean, so when the ocean shuts down, the atmosphere is driven all out of whack.

Have you seen The Day After Tomorrow? It is basically that, except it will obviously take longer than a day too happen. But as far as the effects on weather and climate, it is a pretty accurate representation of what we can expect if the ocean is inundated with too much fresh water.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It could happen in as soon as 50 years. Besides, we might not have to deal with it, but our children will.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Let's just hope Al Gore uses his superpowers of internet-inventing and saves us all :P
I don't really care if global warming is happening or not. I won't be alive to see the effects. We just haven't been recording data like this for long enough to really understand macro-climatology. Yeah, I just made that word up.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Global warming will happen, even if humans die out. We just came from an ice age, and it is obvious that our climate will slowly heat. BUT, we should not speed it up. That is what humans are doing. People need to keep global warming down as much as possible until the next ice age. We can already see the effects of El Nino on our environment. It is happening more often.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Make sure we stop global warming. From the way I hear it, it sounds pretty bad. Then again, you can't believe everything you hear

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I bring bottles home from school every day because they don't have bottle recycling. It's annoying and I think I am the only one who does it.

Iceman
Iceman
49 posts
Nomad

I think it would happen in 50 or a 100 years but it would happen slowly and it would be a serious dissaster to California and other states or countries that are next to the oceans.

Superkillex
Superkillex
207 posts
Nomad

I know this stuff..... in every 10,000 years the earth is swiching with venus which is the cause of hotness, good thing that it might last for 6 years plus watch out the ice age is coming 78 years from now.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

You can't believe everything that you hear, but you CAN believe that it will be bad. Because it will.

Superkillex
Superkillex
207 posts
Nomad

To stop it I bet building an anti gravity satlite to stop the earth swiching with venus.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

I would suggest you all read the latest GIEC report, made by 2500 scientifics and experts of the climate

I found it here//www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/index.htm

i'm currently doing studies on climate changes in correlation with man's activity, and during my courses i got to read this very long report.
The evidence is there, plain: our planet is getting warmer and warmer every year. They have three schemes for the next 30 years: the worst one says that the average temperatures will increase by 6°C, and the most optimistic statuate that Earth's will increase by only (which is still a lot) 1.5°C.
Nobody in the scientific world dares to deny global warming.

Showing 151-165 of 933