ForumsSupport ForumArmorPoints Deducted For Cussing

111 10172
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I saw the the commenting rules and regulations and it said not to use excessive bad language.I think it must no bad language at all!

What if some people cussed,their AP will drop?I know it isn't really necessary but most people that cuss,do it for AP.

• 111 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

But some people don't really care what others say to them.

and....?

i think our expectations of higher ranked people shall be higher,therefore EXCESSIVE cussing could result in a 1-2 day ban.

Almost all the high ranked never cuss at all.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Moderators delete unnecessary posts anyways, so why make a deal about posts with cuss words? They are asterisked out, so its visibly safe from children. I'm sure moderators give a talking to to those that are cussing on the forums, but other than that, they delete posts just like regular spam.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I saw the the commenting rules and regulations and it said not to use excessive bad language.I think it must no bad language at all!

What if some people cussed,their AP will drop?I know it isn't really necessary but most people that cuss,do it for AP.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. When a user uses "excessive bad language" -- the moderators/Admin decide what "excess" means, it could mean a few words, a whole lot of words, etc. My point? I really don't think they meant "no bad language at all" because if they meant that, I'm sure Dan or Carlie would've clearly stated that in the rules.

Like plokkey has already mentioned, taking away AP is not the best thing to do with a person who swears excessively on the website. What the person wants to do is get a rise out of the rest of the users, swear for kicks or just be really mad at the website/user in general. So, essentially, you are dealing with a true 10-13 year old. What's the best course of action? Give that a person a warning to cease and desist, if that doesn't work? Ban that person! Taking away AP won't do a darn thing.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

OK i understand now.
I have to sleep and bye.Thanks for showing your pros and cons to me!

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Alright friend bye, hope Obama wins))

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Almost all the high ranked never cuss at all

you may never know,for example a guy thats name had something to do with stars,and screaming..yeah..suicidal tendencies right there,that shouldve been like a 1,000 AP loss so he could do it already and stop trying to grab attention! also killing oneself and threatining others as well.
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

Hey. Hi. Yo. Wut-up?
(My ex. for spam)

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

And this is my example for falgging a spam comment when your calling a spam comment an example,and were not even in that category..*starts flagging*

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

I think that loosing AP for cussing is a moassive load of BS. there we go... swear on the decucting for cussing thread. Im sry, but no one rlly cares. If u cant handle a cus every now and then, then thats kinda sad. If you cringe, and get pissed when u see a *swear* u need to grow up. Some people can't use as well of discriptive words as others, and therefore they go to swearing. Anyways its there problem for swearing, cuz it makes them sound rly dumb, and makes them seem like they have a potty mouth. Anyways, swearing is normally ***** after sumone writes something, unless they use numbers and spaces. But in my opinion, kids under 13 dont rlly go into the community, and kids over 13 should be used to swearing.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Hey. Hi. Yo. Wut-up?
(My ex. for spam)

I've seen tons of your examples.

you may never know,for example a guy thats name had something to do with stars,and screaming..yeah..suicidal tendencies right there,that shouldve been like a 1,000 AP loss so he could do it already and stop trying to grab attention! also killing oneself and threatining others as well.

You really think he was actually going to suicide? You guys are lame.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Also another thing just shot up right above me,spelling counts as well..There are ways to get around the system and cuss by taking one letter out of the word or putting a space between every letter.And if people do that,thenthey should get warned,or just off the bat get AP taken away,or a minor ban.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

im sry a swear is a word... nothing less, nothing more. Its like heaven, hell, big, small. Its true im sry they are all words, and banning someone because someone else thinks a word is morally wrong is just plain stupid. So i think swearing is tolerable, because if its not, than neither should the word: the, an, as, be, all.... any word rlly. This is my theory. measurments have already been taken, and im sure ppl have been banned for swearing over accessivly. But i mean lay off it. Is it rlly gonna kill you to have a person write the word sh1t on a forum... god, grow up.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

im sry a swear is a word... nothing less, nothing more. Its like heaven, hell, big, small. Its true im sry they are all words, and banning someone because someone else thinks a word is morally wrong is just plain stupid. So i think swearing is tolerable, because if its not, than neither should the word: the, an, as, be, all.... any word rlly. This is my theory. measurments have already been taken, and im sure ppl have been banned for swearing over accessivly. But i mean lay off it. Is it rlly gonna kill you to have a person write the word sh1t on a forum... god, grow up.

Some people are like that. Everyone is different and can't live with certain things. Part of growing up s understand how other people are different from yourself and living with it.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I don't understand how words hurt you, do you get scratches? :O?

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

hmm so its ok for me not being able to live with ppl that cant swear?..
wait isn't that what hitler did? he couldn't live with the jews, therefore the jews had to understand that and live with it?
I can also change words around sir

Showing 76-90 of 111