ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 376905
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As a whole, they are overpowered. They might be frightened by each other's powers, but still they seem to be able to control each of the elements without much difficulty. I know I might sound unfair, but there should be faults countering the strength each of them have as an individual.
There are always consequences when having powers, really. But I will try and figure something out.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

As a whole, they are overpowered. They might be frightened by each other's powers, but still they seem to be able to control each of the elements without much difficulty. I know I might sound unfair, but there should be faults countering the strength each of them have as an individual.
There are always consequences when having powers, really. But I will try and figure something out.

Well by themselves there quite weak,but when they combine abilities they use quite a bit of energy,and can only use each ability once per fight.So I tried to make it somewhat fair.I don't know what else I can really do to nerf them,without making them too weak as a group instead.
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Razar's journal
*There was fear in the air today. I could smell it, and hear it. It was invisible though, and now I'm scared. I see clouds of darkness hanging over a tent, as if they are balanced on the edge of a cliff, balancing... I am waiting for them to roll down, and for the darkness to descend. I do not know if there is anyone living in that tent, and I hope that no one comes to live there.
Today, I was seeing some demonstrations of power by the other contestants. They have powers. I never knew that there was anyone out there like that. It's not like I don't have powers, but the ease in which they use these powers... I fear that I will have to resort to sabotage in order to survive. I wonder if it is illegal? The judge seems to be harsh in who may enter the competition and some of the most powerful contestants (sasquatch's team) are being investigated. The intensity here is high, and I am not accustomed to this.
It rains too much. The water drips off of the tent, into my hair when I leave the tent. Somehow, the water that presumably only comes into contact with my tent ends up dirty. I think that the excessive rain would keep my tent clean. I wonder if there is something up there...*

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I mainly look at each character to see if they have what they should have to be actual creatures. Hmm... I see.. But why do they have to be powerful? I will probably be looking more on who creative you are in a battle, than how much power you have. Entire fightingscenes are not fun if repeated through six or seven rounds...
I think this could be a nice assignment for all of you:
Take each power and then try to find a way to counter it. Or find some weird, funny or disturbing things about your character.
Another method is to start off with the weaknesses, and then fill on some strengths, but not enough to actually balance the character. Give them room to grow (this might not be the best place, given the length of this tournament). A charcter that have fault are much more fun than a super strong hero.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, sounds good, Mentorso. Keep up that work, and it will probably be okay throughout the tournament.

Again, I apologise for being so harsh, but I really need you to be a little - realistic might be the wrong word - with your character....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well if you want to make it interesting then I suppose when they are not all together is when they are really the weakest.As a team that is not separated though they try to perfect the issues that the others may face and so on.So if you were to separate them then I suppose they would have quite a few faults to them.If you do choose to do that then that would be fine.Also I was thinking since their powers came from a curse that it could have a leeching effect on them.That every time they use their elemental abilities they lose a bit of health(except Over Growth who gained his from being summoned)In fact I could make it to where all that health goes towards Over Growth since he sort of is the vessel of the curse.Also if he is permanently defeated then they would lose their elemental abilities(which could be bad for Yeti)So yeah I could easily come up with some new ideas if I wanted to.I am starting to like these ideas too.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It sounds good.
You remember the kid of mine? He sure have some stamina, but if he really have to force his powers to work (if more energy/more strength in the fire, water, whatever is needed), his skin actually rips open (from his palms and up), and starts bleeding like hell.
Power always comes with a consequence. But try to work on those weaknesses. I will not split them up (I do not have the energy for that), but if it is needed, then I have the power to give them difficulties.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Or find some weird, funny or disturbing things about your character.
Have I mentioned here that Hallow is freakishly scared of squirrels?
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/BabyHallow.jpg
He has forgotten why, though. Being more than 2000 years old makes it difficult to remember traumatizing moments of your hatchlinghood.

But we've talked about his strengths and weaknesses on Skype already, Cenere. :P
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Weakness of Razar (blatant): He's human

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And I like that weakness, Zophia. It is fun.

Weakness of Razar (blatant): He's human

Well, so is Kai (almost... anyway). It does not have to be a weakness, really... I have more to say in this matter, Mentorso, but my head is really tired, and the fever is eating most of my energy, so it will have to way till tomorrow.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I like it how being human is a weakness when I've specifically stated that being non-human was one of Orlestat's biggest weaknesses :P

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

He does wear body armor *phew*

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

heh. . .heh. . .heheh. . .hehehehehehehhh. . .Hah, ha, hahahashahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AFRAID OF SQUIRRELS! ROFLMAO!!!! That's probably the funniest thing I've ever heard.
Nergyl Child fears - well, funny thing, he's somewhat homophobic. Meaning, he's afraid of the MALE homosexuals, they creep him out enough that he'd run away.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Strop has Nergyl child beat hands down then :P He's not homosexual but he has absolutely no qualms about pretending to be one, hahahahaha.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If you hadn't done it, Cenere would have done it for you :P

Don't worry too much about it, we'll all find a way to balance out.

*Sigh* I don't even know what's happening in my NaNoWriMo story...I just make it up as a I go along....I won't reach the 50,000 target thats for sure...

Umm...random thought...I'm introducing my second character...Charlie...he's REALlY weak...

Name: Jim...no wait...Charlie
Race: Stickman
Magic: Yes, but as of now undiscovered.
Appearance:
- Stickyness appearance.
- Bad hair.
- Normal height...

Weaknesses:
- Non magical.
- Weak at physical attacks.
- Is human.
- Is scared of spiders, snakes, ants, butterflies, dragons, lizards....basically anything that moves.
- Is scared of heights.
- Is claustrophobic.
- Has very poor social skills.
- Has very bad hair.

Strength:

- Very intelligent and is able to solve difficult problems and equasions and can think of ways to show peoples faults.
- Has very good eyesight and can zoom in on objects with it. (This is a magical trait passed down from his grandfather.
- Has a very good pictorial memory and can remember everything he has ever heard or seen.
- Loves capsicums....(i.e...BELL PEPPERS....hehehehehehe...)
- Can talk about random things for a very long time and bore people to death.
- Has a special talent for killing Bogans....

Picture

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/charlie.jpg

lol...What you think?

KIngRyan
Showing 106-120 of 1813