ForumsSupport ForumGame Spam Think Tank

50 6916
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Alright, my BIGGEST pet peeve on this site is game comment spam. For whole pages all you see is 10/10, great, suxed, ^^. I mean no one posts anything constructive! What can we do about it?

• 50 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What good will this do for the game comments

I think that's a good way to stop spam form your profile right Firetail?
jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

well merits are supposed to give ap points for cunstrutive and honest paragraphs and i see thats not working so well.....

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

You can't do anything about it. People will consistantly do it for AP, but I do think that this AP thing is a little overblown. I really don't pay much attention to AP personally, so I really don't care. AP doesn't cost anything and it does not harm any of you in any way.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

As long as they make legitimate posts, then they are fine. If they just make a long spam post, then they will get warned. I'm also up for deleting threads as well, if that thread holds enough spam replies. But all the pros that I have listed seem to be strong.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

well merits are supposed to give ap points for cunstrutive and honest paragraphs and i see thats not working so well.....

The problem is not so many people do it.

I really don't care. AP doesn't cost anything and it does not harm any of you in any way.

No it doesn't and we're not talking about AP.We're talking about how SPAM harms and annoys u.Read the topic well please.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

As long as they make legitimate posts, then they are fine. If they just make a long spam post, then they will get warned. I'm also up for deleting threads as well, if that thread holds enough spam replies. But all the pros that I have listed seem to be strong.

No. no. Just reply. Like this. It's legitimate. Not very helpful. But it's above spam.
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Yah Shin! XD SHIN! I'm calling you that from now on!

Well there HAS to be more we can do! Maybe some sort of limit on game commenting... like one or two posts per game. But you are right... no one even uses the flag tool. It's almost a waste! Almost...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's much better than 1-3 word spam replies on game comments that's for sure. If their posts aren't pertaining to the thread, then they should get warned for it. Moderators cannot warn EVERYONE in the gaming comments, because there are too many. If they see this in the forums, it is much easier to spot, and they would get warned about it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wait!Why doesn't AG make a thing that if you post using 3 words a message will say "Pleas e make your comment more constructive" that way we we'll slow spam!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

...Or maybe "invisible" the send button until that user has created a strong enough post? Well, I guess these two are ok... but I kinda like my first one more =) But these are good too.

thewilddingo
thewilddingo
49 posts
Nomad

every1 does it and it will be almost impossible to stop it

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

.Or maybe "invisible" the send button until that user has created a strong enough post? Well, I guess these two are ok... but I kinda like my first one more =) But these are good too.

This idea is solid gold!!Wow!Why haven't you come up with this idea before!

That's what i mentioned before....

P.S:SHIN can you suggest this on a different thread or should i make it in credit fr you?
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's much better than 1-3 word spam replies on game comments that's for sure. If their posts aren't pertaining to the thread, then they should get warned for it. Moderators cannot warn EVERYONE in the gaming comments, because there are too many. If they see this in the forums, it is much easier to spot, and they would get warned about it.

No. Not by much. I can do it again by replying quickly after you post. To every post times the number of posts per minute.

I'm not concerned if it will happen only in that it can happen. Very easily. I can reply to everything. Legitimately. Non-stop. For points. But I'll take a while to post this so I won't be "suspicious". People will find a way to game the system.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yep, it's unstoppable, no way to stop it now but hunting them down!.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

thewilddingo said

I'm going to reply that quote with another quote...
I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution. -- Wernher von Braun.

juan999999 said
No it doesn't and we're not talking about AP.We're talking about how SPAM harms and annoys u.Read the topic well please.

I'm sorry, I pulled out from the other forum posts that most people were annoyed by the free AP that the spammers are receiving without working much for it, but spam doesn't bother me too much, either. Usually when I see it, I just flag it.
Showing 16-30 of 50