ForumsSupport ForumGame Spam Think Tank

50 6917
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Alright, my BIGGEST pet peeve on this site is game comment spam. For whole pages all you see is 10/10, great, suxed, ^^. I mean no one posts anything constructive! What can we do about it?

• 50 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Usually when I see it, I just flag it.

Jaja and it's as simple as that right?How hard is it to just "CLICK"?

You're doing a good job man.
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Yep, it's unstoppable, no way to stop it now but hunting them down!.

No, it's not unstoppable. Just flag the comment, or tell a mod, or even tell an admin. There is no impossibility.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yes their is, Maybe! o-o
But it's would take many days/months/maybe years to stop!

The flag barely helps, not much people use it, half of the 150k members are spammed.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

The flag barely helps, not much people use it, half of the 150k members are spammed.

That's just flat out negative. :P
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Shin, you are genius! 'Invisible' the send button until the comment is 10+ words! That would work VERY well! My GOD! We would still have 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10, and such but for the most part, spam would go waaaay down!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

.Or maybe "invisible" the send button until that user has created a strong enough post? Well, I guess these two are ok... but I kinda like my first one more =) But these are good too.

Ok, so uhh... Good, bad, or iffy? Usually if Wan says that its a good idea, there's a reason why...
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

juan999999 said

Jaja and it's as simple as that right?How hard is it to just "CLICK"?

You're doing a good job man.

Well, it's better than doing nothing. There is a story, and it goes a little something like this.

...A little girl is at the beach. Suddenly, she sees an abundance of starfish that have washed ashore. She goes over to the washed up starfish and begins to throw them back into the sea. A man comes up to her and says
"What are you doing?"
"I'm throwing the starfish back into the water." The girl replies
"What difference does it make?" The man says
"It makes all the difference in the world to them." The girl replies...

In short, as long as you do something, it'll make a difference.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The reason why that's a good idea is because it came form you and because then it won't let little comments to be submitted.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Oh, lol. I thought you were being sarcastic. idk, I'm in a debating mood today.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

The reason why that's a good idea is because it came form you and because then it won't let little comments to be submitted.

*blushes*

I guess this is a good idea then, unless any of you have an objection to it? 10+ words would be sufficient enough for even a spammer to come up with something legit to say...
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

ShintetsuWA said

I guess this is a good idea then, unless any of you have an objection to it? 10+ words would be sufficient enough for even a spammer to come up with something legit to say...

I'll agree to that, and I know that there is scripting to make that work in the comment and forum post boxes. Just google it.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Google what? The coding for the idea? I'm confused, but glad you like my idea.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

google the script for the idea.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

ThePyro222 your story is simple yet very convincing.

As Pryo mentioned just flag the comment and you would do a favor to yourself and to the community.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, even if I had the script, I couldn't do anything with it. I'm not an administrator >_> I'm sure Shpigford could understand how to do that though.

Showing 31-45 of 50