ForumsSupport ForumGame Spam Think Tank

50 6923
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Alright, my BIGGEST pet peeve on this site is game comment spam. For whole pages all you see is 10/10, great, suxed, ^^. I mean no one posts anything constructive! What can we do about it?

• 50 Replies
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

all good ideas but the only way to truly stop the spamming is for the ag staff to take off the 2 AP for each comment thing out of ag, that way people won't get any points at all for posting a comment.

it's kinda similar to kongregate but hey just give it a shot

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

people would divert their spam to the forums.

Forum posting is easier to spot than the game comments, they would get deleted much more swiftly than the game comments. I either like the 0AP game comments and 2AP forum comments idea, or the "hide the post button until it is 10+words in length" idea. Either one is fine with me, but all this needs to be reviewed by Carlie or a moderator.

Just remember, there were more spam-fixing ideas that have failed in the past, can't really say the same for these others, although there's no harm in trying right?
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

then they should just take off the 1 AP for posting a forum and the 2 AP for posting a comment, it'll FINALLY end the spamming, perhaps

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I like that idea, just have all the armatars ans stuff like that avaliable to everyone

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I like that idea, just have all the armatars ans stuff like that avaliable to everyone

NO. Period.

The ten word comment one would help solve this problem, or as a spammer would say 'PWNS!'

In other words, I like it.

And for shintetsu's other idea, I would rather have them both on one point or both on 2.
Showing 46-50 of 50