ForumsSupport ForumA new way to track spam!

66 8454
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, so i was looking at a users page (I wont mention names) And noticed they had a high number of comments, and like no forum posts. So I clicked on view all comments and they had about 15 pages of comments, and a large number of comments. Now if they had 1000 games rated ok, but if you add it all up, there is alot of comments that have never been awnsered to.

Now, This IS a suggestin. If you think someone is a spamer, thats a rather good way to check. i will go count the number of comments per page in a moment, but please help in the war on spam by doing this.

• 66 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, ok. So if they commet more then once on a game, it's spam. Also, if they delet like 1000 some comments thats funny. i know it might be a bit fuzzy with were they spamed but still.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah, it is possibly a good way of seeing whether they spammed or not, but... What would you do about it?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I get it! It would be a good way to raise suspicious users and then watch them carefully. ....

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, I mean if we see that, lets say we stumble on one of our old frineds profiles, and they have like 10 posts there. Wouldn't that be enough?

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

so...if a person had about 1000+ extra comments, they're a spammer?

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

I kninda get this

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

You can't rely on that because there are people who delete their comments. I understand what you are saying but there are many ways this could be unreliable.

------------------
Sig:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1631/thegreenmovementbannerjt1.png

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well, guys think about it. You can't tell me there is any user who delets over 1500 comments? Once you delete there amount of games rated (asuming they posting one comment one each of those games as well) and then there is like a few 1000 left over....dosn't that make you look suspicous?

chibilin
chibilin
131 posts
Nomad

mm well you see you can rate only oncbut you can make suggestions to the game thats what most people do the ytell what would be good for the game thats why most poeple have got more comments thna game rated

zeroskater123
zeroskater123
243 posts
Nomad

ok if you have like 5000 comments and like 15 pages of comments you are sending alot of messages and not reciving them likle you talk to some one that cant respond and you gain pionts by doing that but the acount cant send them back so your comment pages are small get it

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

This is from an actually user right now, I wont say who unless a mod would like to know.
games rated: 1046
Comments: 3776
forum posts: 400
They have 14 pages of comments made to them, and there is 100 comments on every page. So that 1400 give or take a few.
So subtract those comments from there total.
3776 - 1400 = 2373
Now subtract the amount of games rated, and say they made on comment on each one.
2373 - 1046 = Ok, i am bad at math, so you figure it out. Were are the rest of those comments? Over 1000 comments deleted o nthere profile? I dont think so.
Now do you understand what I am trying to show you?

Look guys, this dosn't have anything to do with the diffrence between the games rated and comments. Look above, i made it simple.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

There is you answer to everyone! Make a mod change the title to "A new way to track spam! Look At Pg.5" if you can. I don't really see many users do it but this is one of them and there could be more.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Oh dang! I have over 200 more comments than my page! Does that mean i cheat or post on ghost accounts?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Juan, 200 is a kinda big number, but over time you tend to get alot of spam posts, so lets say you delete those, and tell them not to do it againn, and there you have that. Also going back to write a merit on a game. I was gonna do the math on here for you, but i didnt want to if you didnt want me to. You have like 5600 comments made to you though.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

ok, I just checked my own to mkae sure i wasn't being hipocritical, I have 54 pages of comments meaning like 5400 coemmnents made to me......lol i have less comments made then that so there ou go, if you don't belive me you can check mine.

Showing 31-45 of 66