ForumsSupport ForumA new way to track spam!

66 8453
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, so i was looking at a users page (I wont mention names) And noticed they had a high number of comments, and like no forum posts. So I clicked on view all comments and they had about 15 pages of comments, and a large number of comments. Now if they had 1000 games rated ok, but if you add it all up, there is alot of comments that have never been awnsered to.

Now, This IS a suggestin. If you think someone is a spamer, thats a rather good way to check. i will go count the number of comments per page in a moment, but please help in the war on spam by doing this.

• 66 Replies
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

what if you comment on games... they count as comments right? if i have more games commented then i do on other peoples pages then i have what you described. but i dont spam. its kind of confusing, but i get the gist of it. i have less than a page of comments, and like 100 comments overall.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ah true i forgot about the merits! So i deleted a lot of comments true true. Well i hope we have his but not right now.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

how many comments exactly is it per page?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

@Deth4: no you don't know what i'm tlking about.

@Owen: 100. you have to give or take a few as the last page might not be full of them.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

How is it wrong? if you would like to say something, back up your point please?

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Ah true i forgot about the merits! So i deleted a lot of comments true true. Well i hope we have his but not right now.

Well I noticed that and a lot of users got mad because they lost points, addicted -.-

Ha and I lost 100 of mine, oh well I don't care!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ha and I lost 100 of mine, oh well I don't care!

I remember when you used to complain to me about losing a merit...
You've changed, right?

Well I noticed that and a lot of users got mad because they lost points, addicted -.-

I don't really care unless I lose a lot for no apparent reason or I find someone's doing it on purpose
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I have 120 pages of comments when I enabled my comments just a few minutes ago...

That's about 12,000 comments.
I have, like...11,600 comments?

I guess that's good, but there's a lot of comments I haven't replied to...
*is in trouble and waits for the judge*

But if you do take my games rated, I guess that would be ok...

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

:-) No, fire tail, thats a good thing. It shows you dont sam. It is the same deal with me, more made to me then I have replied to.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This idea has a lot of holes in it. I don't think it would work out.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well the few holes it does have are rather good for finding someone who mods may want to keep an eye out for yes? Dont you think it is odd, when someone had 1000 extra comments?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

yea its odd, but its just raises suspicion. i get it now, but i dont think others will.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes i know it is but how would you know if he/she commented or deleted comments?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This will not track spam. What about if you're having a conversation? And the person you are talking to deletes most comments that come on his/her page? No, this is not going to help users. Plus, what would it do to help improve site status?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Flappy, I'm talking about like people that have like a 1000 or more.

Showing 46-60 of 66