ForumsSupport Forumspammers

21 4388
masterofallgame
masterofallgame
70 posts
Nomad

i think armorgames should have a player mute button so that people wouldent be able to repeatedly spam you tell me if you agree

• 21 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That would give users too much power. They could mute anyone they felt like, regardless of reason, and they could also mute moderators as well. It would help out with spamming, but they shouldn't give it to regular users, only moderators and admins, and probably users that are trustworthy.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Are you talking about blocking people?

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

I think that ShintetsuWA is 100 % right.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well you don't really need to "Block" them, after a while they will give up, or if they keep doing it just report it to a Moderator.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, our Moderators are good at taking care of stuff if you post it on their profile...whenever their on. Administrators can 2.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Block option is the same thing, so you can just post in the topic that Juan made instead of creating a new one!

But yeah, adding to Shintetsu, I don't think even experienced members should be given this tool. Only mods. Who knows how it could backfire.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Yeah i agree FM!

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

yes yes, I love this idea, it's just like kongregate, I want to start blocking people so I don't have to listen to their cr@p, I can't wait until the AG staff agrees to this amazing idea.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I love this idea now that I know what you're talking about.

Lord_Mist
Lord_Mist
571 posts
Nomad

agreed!!! what an amazing idea

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Okay first of all the idea is good they shouldn't be able to mute mods or admins.And just in case people decide the unmute people there should be a muted list on your page only avaliable to see to that user and mods and admins.I like the idea I will say.

XICryptoIX
XICryptoIX
12 posts
Nomad

I think if there is a way around all the bad things about this, it will be a really good idea... although you could say that about every idea...

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

this idea is great, i will agree to this idea

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

That would give users too much power. They could mute anyone they felt like, regardless of reason, and they could also mute moderators as well. It would help out with spamming, but they shouldn't give it to regular users, only moderators and admins, and probably users that are trustworthy.

This is a good idea (although it has been mentioned before), but the only problems are what Shintetsu said, but, @ shintetsu, what defies a trustworthy user? And, you could just make the moderators un-mutable (duh) ^.^
Showing 1-15 of 21