ForumsSupport ForumBan newbies the right of posting threads

27 4184
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that newbies make up about 25% of the threads here, and almost all of them were repeated. And just about all of them got locked too. Do you think they should strip newcomers the right of making their own threads? Not forever, but for the first few days(or the first). Or maybe only allow them to start posting after they have read guidelines.

• 27 Replies
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I disagree with this idea completely. It ruins a "newbie's" experience on AG and I believe everyone has a right to voice their own opinion.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

The point of a forum is to allow everybody's opinion to be heard. If noobs weren't allowed to create threads therefore show their opinion, it would ruin the experience of the newcomer completely.

IAMMERCY
IAMMERCY
305 posts
Nomad

Thats a little harsh don't you think?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes the newcomers need MERCY. What if some of them nave great ideas? No to this.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I rememebr when I just started lol , I belive they should have the right to make threads.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

this is a dumb idea

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If you ban the new users the privilege of posting threads, how are they going to learn? And what difference would it make to the "veterans" of AG? They still screw up. Even I make thread no-nos, like posting a thread that already exists, even if it is in the shunned 3-10 pages. The only single thing we can do is advise EVERY user to check before you post. What analogy goes great with this? Look before you cross the road. Because you will get in trouble, or get run over.

Just be nice to the new guys. You were new once before too. So you've been in their shoes, you wouldn't have liked this idea then.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

How would that be any different than other people, John? And what do you mean because that they are new that you expect them to do something like this? Not every new AG user is like that, you know. That's like making fun of somebody because they are a freshman in high school.

AlexanderSZC
AlexanderSZC
6 posts
Nomad

No

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

@ shintetsu

"veterans"

WRONG! It's not veterans, it's oldcomers.
Does ANYONE agree with my suggestion for a warning system?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No i got a batter idea. Look at this one.

Look at it

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

I would agree to a warning system but back to the topic now.

No i think that banning newbies the right of posting threads is a terrible idea. They just don't know that there are topics like this. So we should just leave them alone.

Showing 16-27 of 27