ForumsSupport Forumcomments locked = no comments?

48 4978
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, that title may sound confusing but i didnt know what to call it. So lets say i lock my comments. No one can comment me, but i can still comment them. why is that? Shouldn't that be changed so that they can still use the forums, but can't comment games or profiles?

What do you guys think?

• 48 Replies
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, I agree with Zophia is is rather annoying, but I still think this idea is rather good...

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I like the idea but you can still comment on games and such, right?I really like this idea Skater.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I like the idea but you can still comment on games and such, right?I really like this idea Skater.

I would like it if you couldn't comment anything or anyone.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Howlett:
The idea is that you should only be able to make forum posts and probably also rate games.

Maria4ever
Maria4ever
79 posts
Nomad

This is NOT a good idea. Lets say if you get comments on your profile every minute. You want to play a game and still be online. So you lock your comments and go play the game. Then you wrote a merit and then found out you could not post it. That is not good right?
I think I made my point. ;-)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Why would you get a comment every minute? I think you might be the only peson locking your comments for a game. You could save it in notepad, then open you comments and submit it. But of course you would not know if it was a merit before a mod had seen it.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Case in point: firetail_madness. He locks his comments all the time, and he still participates in the community. Sometimes he just doesn't want to deal with the spam he gets from being #1...

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

like most people said it is a bad idea it will definetly help spammers and that is the big topic this days

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Russianfreak: How would it help the spammers? If they lock their comments, they would not be able to comment on other people's profile...

@Agent: It is okay for them to participate in the forum, but it is greatly annoying to try and reply to something a person with locked comments have asked you. Zophia had a conversation with Firetail with him writing in her messenger, and her trying to reply in a threadlike this one. Replying that way is off topic.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Ok so this idea does not include the forums of course, right!

Well again profile comments, and game comments go by the same system (although they should separate them and give them different functions)so it wouldn't work it.

If it was just profile comments, I would go. I get some message from some people and when I visit their profile for a reply, bam! Comments Closed.

I hope firetail doesn't mind me using him as an example.

Ok one day I was chatting with firetail. The chat is over and he closes his comments. He asks me a question, so I couldn't answer him. I would have, but his comments are closed. I don't want to go looking for him in the forums just to post an off-topic post regarding firetail.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

If it was just profile comments, I would go. I get some message from some people and when I visit their profile for a reply, bam! Comments Closed.

Annoying as can be. If the comment systems were to be seperated, then it would be an "All go" ffrom me, and I still think it is a good idea, but some have complained about the game comments, which there should be a solution to.
Of course, you could do as Zophia mentioned, and only close you comments when you are away for some days, but since people might have problems with too many commts, then this would be a fantastic solution.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

So you lock your comments and go play the game. Then you wrote a merit and then found out you could not post it. That is not good right?

I don't see why you can't post the comment later.

Of course, you could do as Zophia mentioned, and only close you comments when you are away for some days, but since people might have problems with too many commts, then this would be a fantastic solution.

Definitely a great solution.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I like this idea. It annoys me when some one comments me and I can't comment back because their comments are closed.

The only con I can see is if a person is bugged by a spammer, and closes his messenger to avoid the spammer, and then is unable to notify a mod, but that is it.

I think they could just tell a mod and then close comments.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

like most people said it is a bad idea it will definetly help spammers and that is the big topic this days

AHAHAHHA FUNNY!

Well as for games, I think they shouldn't be able to post there either. If your getting alot os comments.....so? If you write a merit, copy it, go open your ceomments and then go back and paste it. If they can still post on games, they will post all over the place on games, and mods can't say something to them.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

What purpose will this serve?

Showing 16-30 of 48