ForumsSupport Forumcomments locked = no comments?

48 4982
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, that title may sound confusing but i didnt know what to call it. So lets say i lock my comments. No one can comment me, but i can still comment them. why is that? Shouldn't that be changed so that they can still use the forums, but can't comment games or profiles?

What do you guys think?

• 48 Replies
Evo531
Evo531
55 posts
Nomad

well it may sound kindove stupid but i think AG makes it so that spammers maybe could do stuff
I give up

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wait what do you mean? You mean we close our comments and....

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Meaning that people with closed comments should not be allowed to comment either, as the rest of us cannot reply, giving spammers a possibility of spamming, without anyone to correct them, or warn them.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

So if we close our comments we cant comment? I don't really see a benefit of that.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Again, it is quite annoying to get a message from someone you cannot reply to, along with the spammers being unable to be warned in any way (disturbed in any way).

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

hmm, sounds like a terrible idea, next...
some people might not go with this anyway

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I think it is a good idea. If people do not want comments, then they should not be able to write comments themselves.

This does not go for the forums.

The only con I can see is if a person is bugged by a spammer, and closes his messenger to avoid the spammer, and then is unable to notify a mod, but that is it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, this would be useful in most situations, but it might cause problems in others.

Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

that would be a pretty good idea but i don't like that idea for me

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Flag
hmm, sounds like a terrible idea, next...
some people might not go with this anyway

Yes, we all know you dont like me. Care to give any reasons as to why? Also, how would people not go with it? If it is immplementade, you would have to, if you tryed to comment it wouldn't let you! O, and thought you might like to know, i made this thread with you in mind after seeing you post on peoples profiles while your comments were locked.

And yes it would not affect forum posts or anything li,e that. As for the spamer thing, it wouldbe best to ignore the spammer and tell a mod untill they can take caare of it.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay, I see no problem in this. Great idea Skater.
Personally, I do not comment on other people's profiles when I close my messenger, as I usually is away from the internet, thus locking it to prevent abuse while I am away.
Also because people have no way of replying, which would greatly annoy them.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

This makes no sence?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This makes no sence?

Why did you not read the thread?
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

if you read every post, it would make sense. Just reading the topics name won't help you understand anything. I can't stress enough the importance of reading ALL posts in a thread like this one.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

People should only lock there comments when they're not going to be online...
Messages from people with locked comments are rather difficult to reply to, since that have to via the chat (which I am never on) or the forums, where a private conversation is totally off topic and annoying to all others...

Don't lock your comments on less you really have to. It annoys when people wants to contact you... Maybe you don't want that to happen, but then you shouldn't contact people either.

I actually really like this idea.

P.S. Paralysis, get your fishing comments unlocked so I can reply to what you asked me yesterday....

Showing 1-15 of 48