ForumsSupport Forumcomments locked = no comments?

48 4980
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, that title may sound confusing but i didnt know what to call it. So lets say i lock my comments. No one can comment me, but i can still comment them. why is that? Shouldn't that be changed so that they can still use the forums, but can't comment games or profiles?

What do you guys think?

• 48 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

GAH! Did you read all the posts here! I get sooooo freakin tired of those kind of posts!

Ok........i'm calm. What it does, lets say I close my comments. I can post on your profile and spam you, and you can't say anything to me. It would stop that.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

GAH! Did you read all the posts here! I get sooooo freakin tired of those kind of posts!

Ok........i'm calm. What it does, lets say I close my comments. I can post on your profile and spam you, and you can't say anything to me. It would stop that.

Wooo calm down! I see a lot of benefit but! They'll comment you first then close their comments. It can easily be avoided.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Yes juan, you brought up a good point, but someone would realllllly have to want points to keep doing that.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

Flag

Yea calm down!
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

That's why we can report to mods/admins.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

[/quote]
[/quote]Flag
Flag
Yea calm down!

Ok, this is not a thread to talk about me losing my temper ok? If you have nothing to say about the topic then don't post.

[quote]That's why we can report to mods/admins.

ok, you can but they can't talk to me either. Unless they send me an email, which I might not even check for months on end, they can't reach me. They can't unlock my comments or anything, so that wont help.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Thats why you unlock your own comments.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, your missing the point. If a spamer locks there comments and goes around spaming, no one can tell them to stop. What if they never open there comments?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

If they never open them and we had this idea, they wont comment at all which means less spam! But again can be avoided.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Ok, your missing the point. If a spamer locks there comments and goes around spaming, no one can tell them to stop. What if they never open there comments?

I answered that,report em to a mod.and possibly give them a temp. ban based on how much spam.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But you can't always tell a mod. I think this little gadget could help out.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

It could.Possibly,but then i've seen people lock there comments because they don't want to chat,just play games,what would happen to them?

zeroskater123
zeroskater123
243 posts
Nomad

ya they should fix that because that could be a big problem

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

if they didn't want to chat, then they dont get to post comments. You dont have to awnser to the comments you reseve so it's a dumb reason for them to be posting anyway.

Ok, lets say i lock my comments and spam you, theone99. You report me to a mod, but they can't ban me without warning me first, and sinse they can't warn me what is gonna happen then? I can spam you like crazy, and you can't say a thing to me, and the mods can't talk to me about it wither. I get loads of points, and nothing happens. Get it?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

if they didn't want to chat, then they dont get to post comments

Im talking about game comments.

Ok, lets say i lock my comments and spam you, theone99. You report me to a mod, but they can't ban me without warning me first, and sinse they can't warn me what is gonna happen then? I can spam you like crazy, and you can't say a thing to me, and the mods can't talk to me about it wither. I get loads of points, and nothing happens. Get it?

ive gotten it from page 1..i guess i need to use smaller words.
Showing 31-45 of 48