ForumsSupport ForumPersonal Comments

15 2534
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK, so this is based off of this suggestion.I thought about the cons within this idea and thought on how this could be solved.Well then I thought about personal blogs.The idea is to have a special section where you could leave extra comments for status reports,info concerning yourself, or really anything that you would want to post on your own comments.I do realize this is not an original idea as other sites have used it before,but this would solve a current issue,and the thing is comments on peoples profiles is not a completely original idea in itself.So really I don't think that should be an issue.Now for people who are wondering where we shoul put it in the profile.I would suggest this....

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/AGidea.jpg

Also as a side note.I do realize a section for status reports is already suggested,but this is not simply an idea of updating what your stutus is.It could be used for whatever you see needed,and of course to give it purpose, it would give you 0 AP.Anyways what do you guys think of this idea,and what type of cons could it have that I could try to fix in the idea.

• 15 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Couldn't all the information just go in the about section?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Couldn't you already post that sort of thing on the About Page? Or was that the thing you were considering when you talked about the commenting on the person's profile?

If they were permanent status checks that you could toggle on/off, I would consider it a decent idea. Other than that, I'm not sure. You could just do the same on the About Page.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

It would be a good idea so peopel would not see like if you gave them you'r email to send stuff and other things.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

This could work,except it takes a bit more work to add something to the about,which does not update immediately.The thing is if it were that simple then this wouldn't be an issue where people would post updates on their comments.Also the idea originally to keep people from spamming on their own comments for AP, while also allowing people to use the convienience of posting updates quickly.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Also the idea originally to keep people from spamming on their own comments for AP, while also allowing people to use the convienience of posting updates quickly.

I would love this to happen, but I would see users to continue doing so the ignorant way, while leaving this great tool in the dust.

Ok, Crimsonblade55, you don't mind if I sort of..add on to your idea, do you? Because I had this in mind:

-- %User is: *Status_here*

-- %User's hobbies: *Item1_here*
*Item2_here*
*Item3_here* ...etc., etc.

Anyways, it would list whichever options that AG would allow the user to add in their About Page #2 area, including their status; if they are posting in the forums, inactive by playing games, or just viewing comments, or anything else they wish to put down. Does this sound good?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This could work,except it takes a bit more work to add something to the about,which does not update immediately.The thing is if it were that simple then this wouldn't be an issue where people would post updates on their comments.Also the idea originally to keep people from spamming on their own comments for AP, while also allowing people to use the convenience of posting updates quickly.

No but it does update right? I don't really like this idea. Just post a comment saying what you are but delete it and yes like Shin and Firetail said, put it in your about.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Thats why we have the green dot/red dot feature.

ali
ali
9 posts
Nomad

Great idea we could have our personal space.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

hope your idea gets to ag

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I was going to suggest you put it on the left side of the pod, but the blog might get bigger than the about. Nice idea anyway, I really like it.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Ohh sorry, I accidentally said &quotod" instead of "about me".

njarvis10
njarvis10
110 posts
Nomad

I like spamming people with them!Super fun.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I guess the idea could work but is it really needed?

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

idk i mean it could work but it might just be a waste of time

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Why does everyone thrive for things that are unneeded. Using your about page is perfectly fine for these things. You have to think about the unneeded work that someone will have to labor over so that you can have your tiny bit of space that is utterly useless. It's a big waste of time and it won't be accept, this isn't facebook. We are here in the common interest of games not what you are doing or your favorite ponies.

Showing 1-15 of 15