ForumsArt, Music, and WritingInteractive Story

15 3396
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

This is basically a big big story collaboration. It doesn't matter how much you post in one thing it just matters about the quality of what you post.

Basically, This is how it works:
I choose a prompt.
Someone starts the story.
More people continue the story.
I end the story.

Ok, the first prompt is a favorite subject in AG, zombies.

I will stop this story on Saturday the 30th.

Remember to continue where the last person left off! NO SPAMMING! Nothing inappropriate in your stories either.

• 15 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ohhh, stuff like this is so awesome... And can become so random...

It was a dark night, like many before. The undead people were the rulers of the streets, and only few of us real humans were left now... And running out of ammo and supplies.
I looked out between two of the boards we'd put up to prevent them from coming through the windows. The clever ones new how to tear them off, but the normal brain hungry scum did not. Shots were to be saved for the clever. Clubs were enough to beat the dumb away.

Tomorrow we, my family and I, would need to go scavenge - we ran out of food yesterday, and found nothing today. But it was too dangerous in the darkness.
Steps outside. They knew we were here, almost as if they could smell us. Would this be a sleepless night, haunted by the clever ones? How much longer would we be able to last...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Why are they not coming closer? They had haunted us all these days since the outbreak, but now they kept away. I can hear them out there. Maybe they are waiting... The grotesque knowledge in that was almost hilarious, if I didn't know we would be doomed if they all had the intelligence some of them were - blessed with.
"What is happening?" A whisper from my younger sister, moving closer to me. "I don't know." I replied, lower than her. They didn't have senses more acute to ours, but they did react to sound, when they heard one.
"They are out there, but they are not coming closer." I carressed her dirty tangled hair with a hand, wincing at the feeling of dried blood in her hair. She had hurt her head earlier, but not enough for us to worry, as she had stated with the old stubborness of hers. Maybe they though - once again a grotesque though - she was dying, and were waiting for us to throw her out.
We sat there, comforting each other, listening to the sudden eerie silence outside.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

The steps had stopped, after it had sounded as if there were several - maybe as many as ten. Now it was all silence. The dumb ones didn't just stop moving like that...
I hugged my sister, before getting up to look out the window again. Even though the moon was almost full, the dirty streets were not illuminated enough to see where they had gone to. The suburbs had always had a creepy feel to them at night time, or at least that was my opinion. Ever since we moved here, I had sensed something terrible would happen... If the undead were not this terror, I did not know what could be...

My sister got up and walked slowly, carefully over to one of the other windows, a slightly less boarded one. We ran out of nails before we could secure every window completely, and had still not found more.
"You shouldn't stand by that window;" I whispered, just loud enough for her to hear.
"They could break the glass and reach in..."

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

"Come out, Alex! We won't hurt you! We just want the girl!" Said a familiar voice. I peered between the boards to find an ugly, yet familiar face. It was Aaron =p, my former class mate. Seems like the transformation has left him with his brain.

"Why do you want her?" I screamed through the window.

"Why, to eat her, of course!" You see, the flesh of our own doesn't make for a tastey treat. It's human flesh that tastes the greatest. We figured that she being weak and most likely hindering, that your group would give her to us." He finshed, with an evil grin. I felt tears drop upon my hand which laid on my sister's shoulders. She has begun to sob.

"No! She's staying with us!" I screamed with tears running down my own cheeks. Anticipating the outrage from my rejecting surender, I grabbed my axe. Perhaps zombie meat won't taste so bad... I thought.

"So be it." Aaron said. He inched closer and closer. I had guessed correctly...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Darnit!! Aaron!

Okay, continued from Zophia's last entry:
She looked at me with that gaze, the one that told me I was no more than plain stupid, but moved away. I moved so she could get to look out where I stood. Her eyes shone from the little light reaching inside the window.
I looked around in the basement, feeling the hunger squeeze my inside to a tight ball of pain. As much I didn't want to go outside, there where no other way...
"I think I saw one!" She gasped, turning at me with terror in her eyes. I looked out, seeing nothing but the empty dark streets. "Are you sure?" I gazed at her out of the corner of my eye, still examining the streets. She didn't move, mumbled that she was had seen something.

--

"Run, run now!" She screamed at me, bashing the undead beings with a broken pipe. I grapped the hand of my oldest tigther, almost draggin her with me in the paniced flight. She cried out, incomprehensible words floating from her. I stopped for a second, lifting her, and ran ever so fast towards safety. I did not take time to look back, but in the back of my head I mourned the loss of her, an older woman who had lived with us the last long time. She would not escape...

I will try and make a continuation on Aaron's in a moment.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Split story, eh?

I raised the club, pushing my sister back. "Go wake dad!!" She ran, leaving me with the band of undead moving closer and closer to the window. Aaron seemed to be the gangleader, the rest of them mindless dolls of his will, just like his - friends were in life. He smiled at me, sweetly, then kicked through the glass.

Still voting for the other half to continue, though.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

dudes and/or dudettes you guys are doing AWESOME on this storyline!!! if this was being rated i'd give 11/10

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

Sry, mine was originally continuing after cenere's post, but perhaps it also might fit after zophia's post? Idk...

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Those 2 comments almost destroyed my thread...

Lol not that dramatic, but still less spam people, less spam.

Post from the last one Zoph posted.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Post from the last one Zoph posted.

Uhm, we have done that? Thus the story being split? ANyway, from Zophia's, again:

She looked at me with that gaze, the one that told me I was no more than plain stupid, but moved away. I moved so she could get to look out where I stood. Her eyes shone from the little light reaching inside the window.
I looked around in the basement, feeling the hunger squeeze my inside to a tight ball of pain. As much I didn't want to go outside, there where no other way...
"I think I saw one!" She gasped, turning at me with terror in her eyes. I looked out, seeing nothing but the empty dark streets. "Are you sure?" I gazed at her out of the corner of my eye, still examining the streets. She didn't move, mumbled that she was had seen something.
--
"Run, run now!" She screamed at me, bashing the undead beings with a broken pipe. I grapped the hand of my oldest tigther, almost draggin her with me in the paniced flight. She cried out, incomprehensible words floating from her. I stopped for a second, lifting her, and ran ever so fast towards safety. I did not take time to look back, but in the back of my head I mourned the loss of her, an older woman who had lived with us the last long time. She would not escape...
ew6969
ew6969
38 posts
Nomad

haha i like it

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

The old one would not make it, no matter how much I willed her too. She had been a good asset to the clan; with her gift of premonitions. However, she had recently got a fever and the visions had reduced in frequency. Now, she was just a leech of our food supplies, which dwindled very quickly.

The zombies were hot on our heels now....
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hey, King Ryan, what about the children? Should their story not continue, as well as the father's?
The -- indicated a switch of POV, by the way...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ohhhh....

Father

The old one would not make it, no matter how much I willed her too. She had been a good asset to the clan; with her gift of premonitions. However, she had recently got a fever and the visions had reduced in frequency. Now, she was just a leech of our food supplies, which dwindled very quickly.

The zombies were hot on our heels now....

Children

'I did see something,' she whined as I turned my back on her, 'It was just out there, and it just zoomed past, maybe it was somekind of zombie bird...'
'Zombiebird? Yeh right! More likely just your imagination,' I snorted in disgust. These kids were just so annoying sometimes.
'It was there! I saw it! I did! I did!' she protested, 'I swear I-'

Her voice had been cut off...but something...I slowly turned around and went into shock. My dearest little sisters body lay on the ground, blood pouring from the stump of its neck. I looked up and saw a huge zombiebird sitting with my sisters head in its mouth. Disgusted I backed away and looked for a weapon...

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Good job guys!

Keep up the awesomely epic work!

*cough*notabumpatallwhatsoever*cough*

Showing 1-15 of 15