ForumsSupport ForumSecurity

43 5319
poilkj
poilkj
46 posts
Nomad

Whenever i come onto this site it is already logged in for me. This is good, but it also frightens me. What if someone else goes on this computer and steals my account there is a logout button, but sometimes i forget. I think there should be some that when you exit this site it automatically logs you out. This would greatly improve the safety and security, so the owners of this site should try working on this problem. It would make Armorgames a much better place

• 43 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie, the admin, or some mods should view this thread, no need to tell them, although e-mailing ain't that bad of a suggestion...

Anyways, I don't think they have a system where if you log off they reset the information.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

This has been suggested before but I'm for it.

I like it because they say "It's your fault" and im not with that even 1%.

poilkj
poilkj
46 posts
Nomad

Someone should contact the administrator. Does anyone know his e-mail?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The administrator is a "she".

I think I know her e-mail because she contacted me once, but seriously, what's the fuss, there's so much good ideas here, there is no need to urgently send them an e-mail telling them to do this. We only have one developer and he works very hard.

BVHdrummer
BVHdrummer
379 posts
Nomad

I think it would be nice to have an option to "stay signed in" that you can switch on or off under the control panel.

That's a great idea. I prefer staying logged in. It's convenient.
poilkj
poilkj
46 posts
Nomad

Yes an option to stay signed in or stay signed out would be great. A moderator always should sign out, but they could forget and someone could steal there account causing havoc, but if there was a signed out option and they used it nothing bad can ever happen.

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

well i think that its safer to stay logged in for me because then people cant hack into your profile while its already logged in and two i don't have anybody that i live with that will try to steel my profile

poilkj
poilkj
46 posts
Nomad

But then if you can't go on your account when its logged in, then if your computer breaks you can never go on your account again.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, it's easy to just set your cookies to keep you logged in or to automatically log you out, so it shouldn't be this much of a problem.

poilkj
poilkj
46 posts
Nomad

What is a cookie.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

If you don't know what a cookie is, you shouldn't be using the internet...
A cookie is a small sweet pastry that tastes very good. =)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Cookies are some things on the internet that store data or whatever...

A cookie is a small sweet pastry that tastes very good. =)

Not generally "small".
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

well i think that its safer to stay logged in for me because then people cant hack into your profile while its already logged in and two i don't have anybody that i live with that will try to steel my profile
What do you mean by that?
If you forget to log out on one computer, nothing is stopping you from logging in on another. It just forces the logout on the first one...

I stay logged in as much as I can, but occasionally the site actually logs me out automatically... I'm not sure after how long, though...

But it is every users responsibility to remember to log out. That's just how it is.

On another note, does anyone know why FireFox won't store my username/password for this site?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

On another note, does anyone know why FireFox won't store my username/password for this site?

Well, on the first time you log in, it'll say

"Remember your password" or "Not now" or "Never for site"

If you clicked never for site, it never will, until you reset your info.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I told it to remember it... And I've needed to reset my password quite a few times because I can't get it to remember it and forget what I'm using...
It just won't put my info in the fields. :/

Showing 16-30 of 43