ForumsSupport ForumWhat is with the leader board and the friends list?

33 4367
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Ok so this is so wierd i made 1260 points on the first day of december and i was first the next day i cme i have 240 i am all like pist cause i wanted to be first this month.
Then how does te friends list work cause it is really wierd maybe if the mods. might update the web so that the friends wih the most AP would be on top or even better the friends you want be on top that would be awesome.

• 33 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Plokkey never posted on this thread yet. You mean ulimitedpower?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, I see...

So lets say I earned 18 points the day before yesterday...

18/1=18

and I earned 40 points yesterday, so...

58/2= 29 points

Wow, I don't earn much AP nowadays.
I guess it does make sense now.
Since I never make the current leaderboard right now I guess I'll calculate my AP earnings by myself now.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

right there with yea i earned like 600 points in a day and i am not even on it

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Why do you even want to be on the current leaderboard?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I'm going to take a guess. To have everyone know him.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I'm going to take a guess. To have everyone know him.

Once your put on the leader board, you are suspicious for spamming and will be flamed.

So I wouldn't be mad if I were you.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Once your put on the leader board, you are suspicious for spamming and will be flamed.

plokkey's right. Many people gain so many points because they go to a persons page and spam it. Or they rate 1000 games for two points each. Admited, about half my points is from my comments, but some have over 90% of their points from comments. Like Russian Freaks here, his comments make about 80% of his points. And 10% from rating games.

Who cares if you're in the leaderboard? If you act truthfully and work hard to keep yourself from going to the Dark Side(aka the spam side) some day you may make it into the top 100. People spam to quickly get into the top 100, but work hard and you get their anyway.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If you act truthfully and work hard to keep yourself from going to the Dark Side(aka the spam side) some day you may make it into the top 100.
Took me about three months.
And comments only make up about 60% of my AP~
I've been on the leaderboard two or three times, in the beginning of the month, I think... Earning a lot of AP for a couple of days, or getting merits, poof, present on the leaderboard. Never stay there for long, though.
Spam is temporary points, unless you are too lucky...

The friends list appear to act a bit randomly, I don't know why...
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well personally your just a spmmer in my book for makeing over 1000 points in a day....Any how, I dont know wh yyou care about the leader board only spammers ow rateevery game i n3 days can get one it.

Aas for your frinedd it is random. I would hate for it to be that your frineds with the most AP are o ntop. I like to talk to people who are lower rank some time, and it woul just be gay if they were on bottom for HAVEING A LIFE or just not careing. As for ordering frineds, I say no. It would be mean to put people last you know?

O, and your first post made apsolutly no sense at all.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Sorry for bringing back up an old topic, but this still sounds interesting.

Spam is temporary points, unless you are too lucky...

I think unlucky. I mean, although loads of spammers get caught, I bet that not even half of them get caught. Experienced spammers know a few tricks on how to hide their rubbish piles. Spam user corners(you know, profiles that aren't used, have never been active, and people spam there) and other evil places.

Doesn't Armorgames have a filter? I mean, a program that runs through every nuke and cranny in the website, looking for specific spam style patterns like one word posts or comments containing the word spam. It wouldn't have to delete them, just alert the moderators.

like to talk to people who are lower rank some time

Binary Illusion is one of my best friends here, but I happen to be the lowest AP friend in his friend list. We still talk a lot, too much even. I don't know why people think that Ap represents your character. The only way I can think it does is show if you spam or not.

Took me about three months.

I made a lot of points in the first week or two, then I settled down. I stay around on Armorgames each day for about an hour, but a lot of it is spent in the forums writing posts like this one.

me im the leader im the leader hahahhahahaahhahahahahahahaha

Good for you. Reading here your profile, and notice that most of your points is from comments, which usually include much of this sites spam (I'm not trying to insult you, this is a general statement). Plus I see that Zophia wrote you a comment abut how some of your comments are almost considered flaming. Having lots of points doesn't make you a good person. Besides that your post is completely off topic.

Most likely you think that you have achieved something great(you haven't really).

Wow unlimitedpower way to put russianfreak in his/her place.

Thanks for the praise. I'll remember you.

nobody had school that day here and i talked for 10 hours

Yeah right. I don't think that you would have lasted that long. Plus I don't think relatives talk to one another for 10 hours straight. I think that's abusing the comments board. The comment board isn't a replacement for chat. If you want to talk with relatives use Facebook or something.

Some times the leader board can become glitched.

Nothing's perfect, you know.

It befuddles me that someone could get 1280 in a day, so I am forced to be persuaded that this was indeed, spam. All of it, and it was all deleted thankfully. Or you actually just got 260 and they found 20 points worth of spam. Either way there is no way you got over 1k points without spamming in a day.

Befuddles me too. 1280 points? That's more than I've made in total! I suppose that 99% must have been spam, and like Klaushouse suggests, much of it could have been deleted. Don't moan when the mods clean up your rubbish, every time I look at what they have to do, I imagine them as garbage truck people. give them some respect and make their lives easier for once.

Ya but it all happened on the first day i got 1260 points and i come bacck at like 12 and i have a 240 that is like a 1/4 of what even on the second day i am sepposed to have.

Maybe the moderators were active then and cleaned it up?

Don't worry about it man. It's just AP

Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP
Just AP

Please don't forget that statement, people.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Don't moan when the mods clean up your rubbish, every time I look at what they have to do, I imagine them as garbage truck people.
*lols*

Doesn't Armorgames have a filter? I mean, a program that runs through every nuke and cranny in the website, looking for specific spam style patterns like one word posts or comments containing the word spam. It wouldn't have to delete them, just alert the moderators.
Hmm... That could be useful...
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Kevin44, on the month of July, got just under 2,000 points for the month of July. No matter how much points he earned early that month, I still don't think he can average 1900 points ever day.

If your not on one day, it doesn't average your AP. It stays as is.

I think unlucky. I mean, although loads of spammers get caught, I bet that not even half of them get caught. Experienced spammers know a few tricks on how to hide their rubbish piles. Spam user corners(you know, profiles that aren't used, have never been active, and people spam there) and other evil places.

Usually it takes a few months to find it, I don't think anyone has gotten away with it.

Binary Illusion is one of my best friends here, but I happen to be the lowest AP friend in his friend list. We still talk a lot, too much even. I don't know why people think that Ap represents your character. The only way I can think it does is show if you spam or not.

Binary Illusion lost his first account so created the one he has now. So he is a great person to chat to, but usually when you chat to some really new people, you get some bogus replies that don't make sense :/

Because it's easier to imagine that you rule the world.

Some times the leader board can become glitched.

Every thing's glitched once in awhile, but back in eddie13's time, everyone thought it was glitched, now a lot of people have the idea that it works on averages.

nobody had school that day here and i talked for 10 hours

Get a phone?

*waits for a lock*
*hopes that this doesn't get locked before I post this.
alapito
alapito
12 posts
Nomad

In theory you can get 1260 in one day.
Action games: 24*8+2=194
Adventure game: 24*4+23=119
Arcade games: 24*4+10=106
Shooting game: 24*5+8=128
Puzzle&Skill: 24*11+17=281
Strategy: 24*3+4=76
Sports game: 24*2+22=50
Misc: 24*4+21=117
That is---> 194+119+106+128+281+76+50+117=1071
If I were to rate each game on one single day (one rating is worth 2AP) and comment on each for extra 2 AP/comment, which is not spam since 1 comment per game then you can get 1071*4 = 4284 Armor points in one day. And to counter ulimetedpower's idea. Yes, you can comment only once for one game opened in one tab, and not in one session. So that's not a problem.

alapito
alapito
12 posts
Nomad

Of course you have to be a newbie and not have a real life if you stay and rate and comment 1071 games in a single day
And 4284 AP does not contain any forum posts or whatever.

alapito
alapito
12 posts
Nomad

I think it is a bigger concern that most of the flash games high score boards are hacked making it impossible to even reach a position on it, since every score is maxed out showing a huge real number.

Showing 16-30 of 33