ForumsWEPRPoor people and Rich people.

143 23505
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I have seen in tv many shows ( news ) about poor people and rich people.
And i think to myself:"How come rich people get more rich and poor people get more poor?".
It is a situation a little bit strange.
I think that it should not be rich and poor people.
Everyone should be fine (relative to money).
People say that money does not bring health and other things.
It is true but it helps.
Tell me what you think about this.

• 143 Replies
hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Funny you should mention this. To me, it sounds like you're suggesting a system much like communism, where everybody works, and everybody shares the profit. This system looks fine on paper (or screens) but it all falls apart when people reap the profits and lay off the work.
I think you might be implying not that we need to all become commies, but that at this point our government does not work as well as one might hope. If so, than what do you think should happen?

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

I can tell you this will always be true and never change

the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

stonester
stonester
120 posts
Nomad

rich is way better poor is bad you wanna no why they had a chance for a job but they blow it!!!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Random Player, you're thinking of a Kibbutz. Everyone knows THAT won't work, because people would just slack off and just take their "share" of the work that they never did. Communism is sort of the same thing, except more confined. Leaders will direct them to what they are going to receive for their entire life's living, and again, they will do as little work possible to receive what they are going to get.

We have rich people because the ones that got to where they were (Not the children of the person) was something special. If I was the son of one of the CEOs of OPEC, I would be spoiled to the core with whatever I wanted, but that's not where I'm getting at. Those kids are spoiled. The poor families that ended up being poor, it was because that they encountered a financial problem and it was that problem that they are poor. It's a shame that this is the problem for kids if they want to move on to college, but its a near-impossible feat for them, since they are in poverty.

The point I'm getting at is, the reason why those people are where they are at financially is because of what they did in order to get that far/low. You cannot say anything bad to the person who got rich, and you cannot say anything bad to the kids of families who are poor, because 1. they worked hard for it, and 2., it wasn't their fault that they ended up like that.

READ THIS, you might learn something, those of you that are skipping this Wall o' Text.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

[/b]Look i am not suggesting that we should become communists.[b]
I just want to discuss this idea.

Note: This reply is not for anyone or to respond to any comment made here it is just to warn people.
So do not send me messages saying that i am suggesting communism.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

With corporate welfare, "free trade," NAFTA, The World Bank, World Trade Organization, and other corrupt schemes, the rich will continue to get richer, while the poor will continue to get poorer. Western government are out to help the top .1% while the other 99.9% suffer. And the government doesn't care, because they know the common person will do nothing to change the system.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

The point I'm getting at is, the reason why those people are where they are at financially is because of what they did in order to get that far/low.

Hah. Half the world is born poor!
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

20% of the population of the world holds 80% of its resources. Of course it is an unfair system, some govts try to reduce the gap using progressive taxation and lowering interest rates but it is not an absolute solution to the problem. The real problem for me is 'the poverty trap' where the extra income one would earn by working harder is negated by the increase in tax meaning people choose not to work a lot harder for only a little more money, this makes it very difficult for people in western societies to better themselves.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

The real problem for me is 'the poverty trap' where the extra income one would earn by working harder is negated by the increase in tax meaning people choose not to work a lot harder for only a little more money, this makes it very difficult for people in western societies to better themselves.

Who is payed according to their contribution? No no...just as long as you don't do so little that your fired.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Who is payed according to their contribution? No no...just as long as you don't do so little that your fired.

This form of opinion likens itself to days gone by when people thought poor people were so due to ignorance and laziness. Pitifull argument and either way what i mentioned is a proven economic concept not an opinion.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

This form of opinion likens itself to days gone by when people thought poor people were so due to ignorance and laziness. Pitifull argument and either way what i mentioned is a proven economic concept not an opinion.

Not sure what yer sayin
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Your previous statement was implying poopr people were poor due to lack of effort. I simply stated this is an outdated opinion and is a form of classism. I then went on to say that my argumnent was based on a proven econoic concept and so arguing with it is futile.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Your previous statement was implying poopr people were poor due to lack of effort.

No it wasn't o.O.
Your insulting my communist-ness...

What I meant here is that in a capitalist society, one is not payed according to how well he does. He is just forced to work at a certain pace for a certain number of hours.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

What I meant here is that in a capitalist society, one is not payed according to how well he does. He is just forced to work at a certain pace for a certain number of hours.

Your phrasing of the original sentence in question:
No no...just as long as you don't do so little that your fired

This made it sound like poor people only do the absolute minimum required to keep their jobs making it sound like as a social group they are lazy which i do not agree with.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

This made it sound like poor people only do the absolute minimum required to keep their jobs making it sound like as a social group they are lazy which i do not agree with.

Looking it on a global scale, &quoteople are poor because they don't work" is a ridiculous argument. Most people live in areas where they work for 16 hours a day, for cents an hour, and have absolutely no way of earning more.
Showing 1-15 of 143