ForumsSupport ForumA Double Points Day?

50 6138
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I was wondering if there was a chance that on the odd occasion that AG could have a Double Points Day I think this would encourage more and more people to log onto the site and try to rank up. Maybe it could be on special days such as: christmas, new year, valentines day, halloween and so on.

• 50 Replies
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Thank you people for repeating the same thing to the original poster a dozen times. Let me join in the fun:

"Like the person above me said, I also feel the need to needlessly remind you that it would lead to spam."

capartyboy1212
capartyboy1212
362 posts
Nomad

i like the idea of double point merit day that would be great everybody try to post the best comments they could

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

it will most likely lead to virus

Wha?-Never mind, I won't ask anymore >_>...
Uh, an Idea?
Well since the Double Merits Day has nearly been shot down and stampeded over with flaming buffalo...how about the Double Points Day? I don't think we should have Prof./Game Comments doubled, that's 4 AP per comment heck everyone would grab the kitchen knives and done their Spam-Ninja attire, why not just the Forums then? It's much easier to monitor and everyone always been trying to get Forum-Merits up(since we forum-goers are so luvable and responsible, of course*starts to wink but stops at the thought of looking like a fool doing so*) so why not give a Double Points Day? I dunno if that'd work and be a good thing anyway...
Also I thought of it right now, if any 'Double Point Day' were made, it could be announced under the little Community > Current Forum thing, saying like; 'There will be a Double Point Day for Forum Posts on December 20th, 2008 starting 4:00pm'(whatever AG Time is will be shown instead of mine of course). I think that'd be cool so everyone knew.
*hides behind a 2 foot wall of concrete and awesometacular Sci-Fi futuristic alien sheild technology so angry AG'ers can't shoot at if suggestion has been made somewhere or is dumb*
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

*Turns two foot wall of cement into angry, poisonous, pregnant snakes.*

Now I wonder why I put &quotregnant" in there....Hmmmm.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Ok, that was dumb, just pointing that out. Moving on....

Double &quotoints" day can't be done! Everyone has posted the reason why like 12 times; the forums wouldn't make a difference; spam is still spam, it would just be in a different area and the messages would be deleted quicker.

Double "merits" Day would actually make sense, because users put their minds, spirit, and criticism into these reviews, hoping for it to be merit-worthy. This just gives an extra incentive for users to work harder to earn those respected points. Plagiarists would be severely punished (as always =) ) for their pathetic work, and the review standard would be raised to up the ante.

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

It would encourage more spam because people will post for the sake of points.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Okay I'm sorry o_o

I'd better not say anything about how I think Double Merits Day isn't any better, because my opinions have been said for me previously and I don't want to be the victim of a flaming-chainsaw launcher drive-by while walking my dog to the mailbox. I need to live for 3 more weeks to see the scores on my Finals.
By that time this thread will be gone *hopefully* and I can live a bit longer till the next time we get a repetitive post topic.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

You got this idea from kongregate.

Lol, was totally thinking the same thing. Complete knock offs should probably be discouraged <.< >.>

And whereas this might encourage more activity on AG temporarily, the type of attention it might encourage could be negative. People only looking for points would most likely take advantage of such an opportunity.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

There is absolutely no point to this....

Everyone would just have the same point difference as when you only get the original amount fo points.

Plus, it is a knock off >.>

kcddpg
kcddpg
3 posts
Nomad

like cholokid said a double merit day. like 50 points per merit. and if usually it takes 10 rank up or flags{i forgot what their called } 5

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

You got this idea from kongregate.

XD. As soon as I saw the title I realized that.
thealchemist1
thealchemist1
61 posts
Nomad

Hm, I liked the idea, until I read other peoples comments, seems like it just won't work

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Maybe for a certain amout of hours..wait no, people on the other side of the world would hate that idea.

Well maybe we should have this on chrsitmas day, but since it might lead to mega-spam we should hire some part time mods for the day only to crackdown on soam, maybe an extra 5 or so.

And this could be benefitted by being many users will log-on that day and probably many new users will join.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

No. This would cause way to much spam and the mods would be pissed with all the crap they would have to delete.

shock535
shock535
3 posts
Nomad

its a bad idea then there will be spamming.
also kongregate has a time where theypick a game to get double points but its for a special occasion

Showing 16-30 of 50