ForumsSupport ForumA Double Points Day?

50 6139
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I was wondering if there was a chance that on the odd occasion that AG could have a Double Points Day I think this would encourage more and more people to log onto the site and try to rank up. Maybe it could be on special days such as: christmas, new year, valentines day, halloween and so on.

• 50 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Wecan't have part-time mods... you're either a mod or you're not a mod. And yes there would be spamming. But there already is spamming. One advantage though I think that it might drive some extra traffic to the site on a slow day where not many people go on.

slayer5454
slayer5454
46 posts
Nomad

it would only lead to spam... spam and scripting problems!!!
http://inventorspot.com/files/images/1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

True... I think it would be difficult to make the change for only one day... with programming and such.

And nice pic. :P

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

True... I think it would be difficult to make the change for only one day... with programming and such.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

hailman670
hailman670
359 posts
Nomad

maybe you could have it but dont tell anyone do it in secret. and if any1 spam delete it and deletetriple there points for it

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

No I dont like it will increase spam by a great number.

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

there would be too much spam. also, it would be hard to decide what day to do it on. considering all the different religions and counties and all of the different holidays they have, lots of people will have issues with it being on Christmas or Halloween or other days like that. Not everybody celebrates those holidays.

ROCKBAND2
ROCKBAND2
23 posts
Nomad

Maybe if they give out more merits for a day, people would put more effort into their messages. Double AP day would be chaos...

mooop888
mooop888
58 posts
Nomad

too spammy but ideas like this help people think about other ideas related to this so thanks.. but this exact idea will not quite work out i dont think

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Hey but this can help stop spam at the same time the people that get a lot of points will just be watched ater and get caught wouldn't they like a trap for spamers.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Hey but this can help stop spam at the same time the people that get a lot of points will just be watched ater and get caught wouldn't they like a trap for spamers.

...Now I wouldn't say that. Sure, some might get caught with excessive spamming, but once people get word of a real Double Points Day, then they will do twice as much as they used to do. Moderators can and will catch some of them, but remember, there's very few of them, and there are lots of spammers. It would be too overwhelming for them.
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

I think this idea could work depending on how it's done. If you had an "Armor Games Day" like the founding day of Armor Games or the old Games of Gondor. You could offer double points for that day only. And, since you know that tons of people would be on that day playing games and posting content, maybe AG could charge more for advertising that day since lots more people will see the ads. That way everyone wins. AG gets more money and players get more points.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Double AP day = spam

Double merit day = really good idea!!! It would get more people actively helping the site!!!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Double merit day = really good idea!!! ]It would get more people actively helping the site!!!

Brilliant
Showing 31-45 of 50