ForumsGamesIt is flat out impossible =(

51 8507
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

How in the good lords name do you beat the Baron?!?!?!?!

I am a level 14 psyc.

The problem is he has to much health, that's it.

By the time we have him down to just 30K, we are out of focus and then he just uses that tick tock shit and it's over.

How do you beat the guy?!?!?!?!

• 51 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ok, i re-speced and got everything.

I'm off :P

Zirikki
Zirikki
7 posts
Nomad

Good luck

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Video guide to beating the Baron:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGNcBtAppg&feature=channel_page[/url]

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

The video guide to not help worth crap >.>

Thanks, the tick-tock is giving me some trouble >.>

Zirikki
Zirikki
7 posts
Nomad

Terrify and/or free will is good for countering tick tock. Also, since it's percentage based, lower health might help.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

ARGH, CURSES!!!!

I had him, then i accidentally clicked a link at the top of the page that said "getting started with firefox", and i lost my work >.>

And also, his move "energize" was annoying >.>

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Free will should be up at all times since psycho isn't exactly the tank class for sonny 2. It's probably the best defense/healing skill in the game anyways. Free will will cancel out some effects of tick tock.

Anyways, it's actually "electric storm" that he is doing, he shoots a yellow bolt at one of you and heals 20 health per turn afterwards for two turns.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oh, yeah, mmk.

But either way, it is making the process longer >.>

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ugh, "overdrive" is messing me up to >.>

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Wait a minute, i have not points in overdrive, yet i am losing about 400 health every turn?

Anyone know why?!?!?!?!?!

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Your losing hits every turn because of ticktock. >.>

If you use the skill build that Plokkey said, you should be able to beat him.

Load in destruction, salvation, wraith form, and dark echo, and electrical storm if you think you need it.

Put Varadux on defensive mode and attack. Use Slavation on Varadux and destruction on Roald about 5 turns in. Morph to wraith, use Dark Echo, then corruption. Wraith form gives you 50 focus. Corruption heals you for 15% of your max HP. Use Dark Infusion only when dark echo is loading. Always use Dark Echo before corruption (they take more damage and weaker to shadow attacks.)

At about 20k hits, the Barun gets Holy Scars allow you to deal a lot more damage (2-3X as much I think).

Just ignore the fact that you have Ticktock. Varadux will do his best to heal everyone.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

You can't ignore tick tock at all though. If i were you (as in if I were psychological), I'd use free will on whoever has tick tock. Look, the key to the baron is not doing lots of damage. THe key is surviving the long battle and getting his focus down. Just equip traumatize twice and haunt once. THen equip 3 free wills (for yourself and your teammates when they get tick tock). The rest is up to you, but I'd personally take dark infusion, it prevents you from running out of focus (just hit yourself with dark infusion to regain focus). THe only time you should attack the enemy for anything other than traumatize or haunt is when he has holy scars, which is at about 40% health.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Your losing hits every turn because of ticktock. >.>

Nope, i did not have tick-tock on me >.>
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I find that tick tock is only mildly annoying. If you have Veradux on phalanx mode, he heals you enough so that you do not die.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Normally for me The Baron casts tick-tock on Veradux and Roald...

Showing 16-30 of 51