ForumsGamesIt is flat out impossible =(

51 8508
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

How in the good lords name do you beat the Baron?!?!?!?!

I am a level 14 psyc.

The problem is he has to much health, that's it.

By the time we have him down to just 30K, we are out of focus and then he just uses that tick tock shit and it's over.

How do you beat the guy?!?!?!?!

• 51 Replies
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, if he casts tick tock on 2 allies at the same time, you're pretty much screwed.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, the Baron cats it on them, not me.

I don't really care if they die, they don't do anything >.>

What i am wondering is how i am losing health when i do not have tick-tock cats on me...

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I don't really care if they die, they don't do anything >.>
THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING?! They can save your butt if you're in a pickle. They are very important on the Baron battle. Just make sure you have both of them on Phalanx mode.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

I have no idea why your getting damage... If it isn;t overdrive or tick-tock then...maybe another de-buff?

I won when both allies had tick-tock on them...

heat_x
heat_x
23 posts
Nomad

im a hydro, and i cant find an attack that decreases the opponent's focus. do hydros have a skill like that, or am i just blind?

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

You are just blind... Regulate takes away enemies focus...

heat_x
heat_x
23 posts
Nomad

WHAT?! LIES! lemme see.....oh...ow
i already had it no wonder i didnt see it cuz i only looked for it in the skills i dont have
thx thx u deserve a cookie for replying so fast!

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Regulate is actually a redicuously useful skill. It regulates your focus when a hot hydro (pun not intended), takes away 10 focus from the enemy, and takes away 3 buffs from the enemy.

That said, hydros are worst against the baron since regulate is so slow at destroying his focus. Bios with disrupt can take away his focus in one hit (although it heals it over time too, often the baron will use dark burning anyways). Then Traumatize for psychos combined with Haunt make for betteer focus removers than regulate.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Regulate is what OWNED it for me, I had ME, Vera-whatever, and Roald ALL on Tick Tawk. I had Veradaux with gear taking him all the way with Instinct, and all I did was Avenger form, regulate, regulate, regulate until he used the focus junk (Keeping Regulate at 2 Ability pts) and then I wrecked+demolished his nooby self, I didn't use slam considering it would take my Energy from 140- lower and that would weaken Wreck/Demolish when I needed it.

I also used Subvervision to counter tick tawk (Not really, but it would help here and there and it would give veradaux some time to heal others)

When he got to 19K HP Idk how but he got that "Holy Scars" buff on him and I owned him with Vera-whatever and Roald hitting 2K and me hitting a whopping 16K in Dmg.

The Baron died. xD

Regyewlate ATTEMPTS to remove buffs, some have a resistance.

And Yeah... It isn't that hard, got him on mai second try with the Hydraulics.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Well obviously you need Regulate to beat him, but using disrupt or traumatize+haunt are much faster alternatives to it (basically what I'm getting at is that hydros are least efficient at removing focus).

Also, there is no use in using avenger mode when only using regulate, it buffs the damage of your attacks, regulate isn't an attack though, so yeah...

Anyways, I'm guessing that you didn't do it on heroic difficulty, as in heroic he'd start getting holy scars at about 45k HP.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I just beat him =D

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

What do you do when the Medic, the Sniper and CPT. Hunt all have shields up? The shields last for like 14 turns >.>

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Go for sniper first, since captain hunt is stunned anyways. Since hte shield limits the medic and sniper to 90% of their strength, the medic will waste his turns doing weak heals on the captain. Kill the sniper, as he is the only one that will attempt to damage you, kill the medic, and when your done killing the both of them, Hunt should still be stunned. Wear down hunt's shield and kill him.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

But the sniper puts up a shield...

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Shields can be broken.

Showing 31-45 of 51