ForumsSupport ForumAnnouncements Section In Forums

12 2103
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I just recently noticed the "Site News" on the front page.
I think it would be nice to move that over to the forums.

It should catch some attention to whats going on.

• 12 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I agree with this idea. While some people can't find their way into the forums, the news only states BIG news, and a forum announcements would be nice.
Definitely not a top priority right now, but I believe this would be quite handy.
Maybe having a link under the big news on the home page saying 'Other News' with a link to the announcements forum would help out even more.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I see that some threads are made on here my mods announcing something and I find that a bit strange since this is the Support and Suggestions section.

There is a thread on the first page right now that congratulates Zophia as the a new mod. I can see that Carlie tried to add some symbols to gain attention...

I believe whenever new armatars come out they are posted in this section as well?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm still looking for an input from a Mod...

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Im not a mod but I think its a good idea .

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well yeah this MIGHT be good, but will there be need for replys from members?

Only replys are going to be "Great thanks!" or "Cool" maybe they should be stickied and locked?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

So, you want another forum specifically for Announcements only? How frequent is it that we get news? If we do make a forum for this, wouldn't members believe that it would be regular, every-day news that they could post on for their free will? And what would become of the news updates on the home page? Why would we need it anymore if there is going to be an Announcements forum?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well yeah this MIGHT be good, but will there be need for replys from members?

Only replys are going to be "Great thanks!" or "Cool" maybe they should be stickied and locked?

Almost every forum has this. Yous simply lock the threads and make users of mod level be able to post. The threads are only for reading.

So, you want another forum specifically for Announcements only? How frequent is it that we get news? If we do make a forum for this, wouldn't members believe that it would be regular, every-day news that they could post on for their free will? And what would become of the news updates on the home page? Why would we need it anymore if there is going to be an Announcements forum?

Lets be clear by "forum" we mean a section. Like "Support or Suggestions" and "The Tavern". We get news quite frequently actually. New armatars, moderators, contests, and perhaps the sponsor advertisements that are put on the "Site News" (which is not noticed much).

Its not meant to be active though. Even if we managed to post only a few threads in a month, it would be useful.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Drace, the Tavern and the S&S IS a forum! The Forge and the Courtyard are called boards. Anywhoo... What about regular members? Are they going to be allowed to post threads there too? Or are there going to be strict restrictions to only post replies? That's what I hope would happen. I wouldn't want to see backyard stories in the AG announcements forum.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, there could be something that says like:

!NEW ALERT!
Check out the new Christmas armatars!

!NEW ALERT!
The Christmas armatars are no longer available for use. We hope you enjoyed them. Until next time!

Maybe we don't need a announcements section, just a simply alert.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

What about regular members? Are they going to be allowed to post threads there too?

Of course not. As Obama said, just for moderators. Letting regular members in would the whole idea. I'm not crazy...
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Or maybe you could take a simple click and go to the homepage to check out the news? What a noble idea!

I think this would be a waste of time... it doesn't take much to click on the homepage, then click on site news.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

where are the moderators commenting on this suggestion?

Showing 1-12 of 12