ForumsSupport ForumForum Posts Worth 2AP?

15 2343
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

How are forum posts only 1 point, while profile comments which usually just include "hey how are you doing" are double that?

And its weird that this was not suggested before :-$

• 15 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think it has been suggested before :S
It might simply have not been made into a thread.

Actually, I would love if that would happen.
Maybe even see profile comment AP go down.

I forgot the reason why...
I think the mods or admins will know.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

well you have a lot of forum posts. There are a lot of topics and sections. people who are always in the forums like yourself would just be racking up points easily.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

well you have a lot of forum posts. There are a lot of topics and sections. people who are always in the forums like yourself would just be racking up points easily.

There are a lot of people and lot of off-topic discussions to talk about with friends. Its much easier to post a comment on someones profile then to post 2 forum posts.

You can post whatever you'd like on a profile and it would not be considered spam.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well I don't care about AP besides armatars. that being said and true enough, I would love it if comments were only worth one while posts were worth two. Comments are very spammy, while forum posts take some thought.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

There have been at least two threads about this in the past. Anyone post a link, and I'll lock this one...

The only mayor downside I can recall, is that it would induce more spam to the forums...
But hey, it's easier to deal with here...

I kind of like that the forums aren't about points, though.

@Xcalibur:
Actually it is generally considered much easier to make lots of comments than posts. That's why some people give more respect to the ones who have a higher post count than comment count. So...

I dunno about this idea. I'd love it if the profile comments were 0 AP, but I don't think forum posts need to be worth more than they are...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

You can post whatever you'd like on a profile and it would not be considered spam.
Not true. Those copy/pasted comments people are sending about 'code 9'? Spam. Warnings go out when we catch people mass commenting the same thing.
And personally I am very tempted to go around on profiles and delete the 'hi' comments some people allow other users to leave on their profile...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Profile comments aren't worth any AP. Their simply a place for friends to chat and hang out.

The forums are actually okay the way they are. They don't deserve any more points then they should right now.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Profile comments aren't worth any AP. Their simply a place for friends to chat and hang out.
True that they aren't worth it, but we still earn points from them...
Sadly.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Any way to change it?
I think moderators have a say in things...

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I think it has been suggested before :S

Yeah, I remember making a thread for the exact same thing.

I Agree very, very, very strongly. It takes loads more effort to write in the forums than simply chat with your friend through a chat replacement(some people use it like that).

Yes, some people have a load of forum posts(not me, sadly...), but these are people who have been around for a long time or (like Zophia) are moderators and are helping to keep the forums clean, which involves a lot of posting.

Comments are very spammy

Sometimes I look at the Comment Boards and think: "This place is basically Spam Central". Comments are usually very off top topic on the boards because their is basically no control over them. To make it a bit kinder, people should completely clear their messengers weekly to the last five or six recent posts.

I'd love it if the profile comments were 0 AP

Digitally hug Zophia for taking the words right out of my mouth

True that they aren't worth it, but we still earn points from them...
Sadly.

Never saw the day that a mod would admit the dark side of themselves.

Let me dig up my old thread:

(Armorgames is very slow lately due to the fact of Sonny 2. Very annoying you know!)

(Yep, cracked up slow. Wow, found a really old thread from me! One that we all rejected immediately. Anyone remember banning Newbies the right of posting threads? Hate myself for suggesting it)

Can't find it people, sorry...

Found one by another users though:The Messenger

Okay Zophia, go ahead and lock this thread.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I would love it if there was no AP system at all. Can't we all be equal?

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

No. Equality is for the well educated and sensible.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

How would that make armorgames forum fun?
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

It would get rid of spam?
I don't see the point of it anyway.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

We are, unless you care about ranks and AP.
Well, except for spammers. They get their rights taken away.

I wouldn't mind if we had no AP count, but I would really hate to lose the post count. I'm honestly proud of my forum activity.

Anywho, the link that got posted on the bottom of the first page... Continue this discussion there?
Showing 1-15 of 15