Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jan 3, '09 at 9:33am

VoltCruelerz

VoltCruelerz

512 posts

By the way, it is epiphany E-pif-fan-E as in: You have an epiphany when you realize the truth behind something or suddenly everything makes sense.

As for non grammar areas... I will not argue with its power. DoT speaking, it is by far one of the most deadly especially when you use overdrive (that is assuming it doesn't glitch...)

As for stat distribution, read my previous post. Your allies attack is MICROSCOPIC!!! If you go all out vitality, you will just be sitting there... and sitting there... and sitting there... and sitting there... and sitting there... and sitting there... You get the idea while your allies deal more damage than you!!!!! sure you could have 20k health, but you couldn't fight. You would just be cannon fodder, and at that point, all your abilities would be voided because guess what? The only stat that relies on health is tenacity and it just gives you more...

The point is, invest in instinct almost all of your stat points and if you keep dying, put some skill points in tenacity. That is how people play because it works and yes you could eventually beat your enemy the other way, which is more fun? Sitting and doing nothing waiting to get attacked, or engaging and dealing 90% of your teams damage, sometimes enough for one hit KO's.

Posted Jan 3, '09 at 9:44am

reswantur

reswantur

10 posts

VoltCruelerz, have you seen my previous post at page 7?

4 turns to kill any single enemy has nothing to do with instict.

Posted Jan 3, '09 at 5:52pm

transitive

transitive

22 posts

Reswantur,

it is my opinion that the Shock Coma/High Voltage trick is not intended gameplay. it feels alot like an exploit to me. i know that Krin (the game's creator) has commented and has decided to leave it in, for now. however...i will personally not engage in this strategy because it is only marginally more effect than a regular damage strategy and it just feels off to me.

to everyone else...

thanks so much for the positive feedback. i'm glad this has been helpful to all of you. if nothing else i can see that my method of analyzing the abilities of the game has been a useful starting point for strategy discussions.

to Krin...

this is a great game but is not without its flaws and blemishes. i'm sure you don't need me (or anyone else) to tell you that though. still, fantastic effort and a really worthwhile experience. thanks for your hard work. looking forward to more levels for Sonny.

Posted Jan 3, '09 at 7:32pm

reswantur

reswantur

10 posts

transitive, I agree that my build indeed breaks the balance of game design, but it's a tactic game, so developing the best strategy makes me feel I really beat the game, especially when creator has not found it himself.

Anyway, for me, the discussion of psychological build is temporarily over in current version. Therefore, I turn to develop the biological build....

Posted Jan 4, '09 at 12:35am

17dman

17dman

813 posts

i just maxed out with electric and beat the game easily and full upgraded instinct

Posted Jan 4, '09 at 7:36pm

emnm4747

emnm4747

1 post

Which weapon would you say is more worthwhile to use?

-Posiden's Fury (+51 speed, +102 instinct, +98 lightning)

OR

-Charged Axe (+26 instinct, +121 lightning)

Posted Jan 4, '09 at 7:41pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

Poseiden's Fury is way stronger. It's 7 levels higher, so it's obvious. It just lacks some piercing. The instinct and speed make up for it.

Posted Jan 4, '09 at 7:44pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,076 posts

Posiden't Fury has to be a lot better even though it has less piercing due to the fact you never hit enemies if you don't have speed, and the piercing stat multiplies the hit for less if you don't have the higher instinct.

Actually, do the math to see which one does more damage by multiplying instinct by X amount based on how high the lightning piercing is (the % is told in the inventory screen and varies depending on how high your piercing is)

When you get Wrath of the Council, that will be even better than both.

Posted Jan 4, '09 at 8:10pm

VoltCruelerz

VoltCruelerz

512 posts

Well of course, WotC is undeniable the best psyco weapon on the game...

Honestly though, here is a good question...

Poseidon's Fury (+51 Speed, +102 instinct, +98 lightning)
Law Binder (+21 Speed, +141 instinct, +41 vitality)

I have been using Fury but I am just curious what everyone else thinks...

Posted Jan 4, '09 at 8:14pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

If all you do is use electrical moves to damage the enemy, Poseidon's Fury would be a better choice. If your planning on using healing or anything else that heavily relies on instinct, then use the law binder.

By the way, should Hydraulic use death sentence or wrath of the council? And which of those two weapons have better base stats?

Also, is Supremacy a good choice for Veradaux, because I haven't gotten wrath of the council yet.

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!