ForumsSupport ForumArmor Game's- Best Flash Internet Games of 2008.

24 4529
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

i dont know if anybody has been thinking about this or put this earlier but it would be nice to organize an anual vote for best games of the year made on the internet. We can have multiple catagories, like shooting, rpg, sports, action/adventure, best music, etc. finally we can have best game of 2008. It would be good moderators and administrators accept this cuz then we can put it in the front page. then WE the armorgamers can vote for games not only made on armor games but made by other sites. of coarse, admins and moderators need to choose the nomines for each one. At the end of the poll, maybe we can have a flash video showing this. i'll try to help if im able to. this would be the first one cuz the site just started about one year ago! I thought that it would just be nice to have something to honor the game creators this year.hope u guys agree. Mods or admins just tell me if ur going to do it or if ur not k. and if anybody has anything to add, just say it. Thanx.

• 24 Replies
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Many Sites have done this, but it would be cool just to do this in AG. Sonny would win hands down though.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

um im trying to get a moderator or administrator just to get u know a list so you all can start voting and stuff. i shouldnt start anything till somebody says something about it. It should also be in the home page. i hope they just say somethin about this tho......

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well if you want it to be on the homepage then that would take the approval of the CEO who is mainly notified by the community manager Carlie,so I don't think you would need a mod but really an actual admin for that,but it would be much easier to host a contest on the forums,as anyone including mods and regular users could host it,but it would be pretty straight forward in the winners of each category for the fact that some of them only have one popular game per genre typically.It all depends on how the idea is implemented,but it could be pretty entertaining for awhile and since the new site has only been around for a little over a year now(started some time in the fall of last year I believe)so really almost all of the games on here could be put up on the contest that is popular(the ones that get nominated or whatever)Also is there any way to know if a game was made within the last year that is popular(ones besides sonny last stand and shift, etc. but instead games like free rider, and such that I have no idea when they were made,but still popular)There would be alot to think about in putting something like this together,and also it would have to become popular within the site enough to where a large enough group of users would be willing to vote in it.I think it could be done if someone was willing to put it together.(especially if a staff member hosts it then it may have a chance of becoming more widely accepted and used)Still I don't know about the contest being hosted by the site itself,as I doubt it would really happen.Thats just what I think on this idea.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea, it would be hard to make somethin like that, nd i know that i wont be able to do that cuz i got loads of stuff to do nd i wont be avalible. maybe if mods see this and like the idea they notify the admins. if they like the idea then maybe theyll put it together. plus it would give us the site more popularity cuz more people mite want to cast their vote. its gonna be hard work but i would sincerly love to see this happen on armorgames.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

when age of war 2 comes out , itsgoing to be da bomb!!

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Sonny would win hands down though.

I am not sure, there are plenty of games much better than Sonny.

And it would be nice to have this idea for AG I would put my vote on The Last Stand 2 or Warfare 1917!
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I have seen a few of these votes before in the Flash Games forum... you might want to bring it up there. I would enjoy seeing something like this, and it shows what games the people like.

And don't think that Sonny is a definite lock to win if it happens :P

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

*really doesn't understand the hype in Sonny*

If there really was going to be a competition for Best Flash Game of 08, then it would be set up similar to Best Flash Game Website. There are sites specifically for this, and whomever wants to enter the contest would just have to sign up, just like how Dan signed up AG (by the way, did we ever win that contest? I never found the news about it at all, it just sorta blew away). After that, people get word of the contest, and then they vote as usual. It shouldn't be JUST AG games, since AG doesn't have every single '08 game made.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

i agree with shintestuWA nd it wont be just AG games. since we are well known for making games. maybe if they have regular news, like us, they can advirtize for us nd just put a link on their page. like i said, its gonna be a long shot, but im just putting it up here so maybe this will come true.

seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

that would be cool

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think this is an interesting idea, but would be hard to implement without a good polling system. Which we currently don't have for the site. I don't know if there are other sites that this could be done more easily through or not. But if there is an easy way to get it done, I am sure it could be done.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

All games with a specific above rating can enter, I don't think you should be able to nominate every single game.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

All games with a specific above rating can enter, I don't think you should be able to nominate every single game.

Nooo, every game would be very excessive! We couldn't do that.
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

It is obvious what is going to win Sonny 2.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, if we need to establish a polling system, then let's establish a polling system!

Instead of at the top when it says "New Topic", right next to it would say "New Poll". How this would work is:

-- Mods:Add entries. Say... 5. Just click on "add entry", and a new box
would form. There will be an arrow to click on that would have a
list of games to choose from. Click on a game that you want and it
would be added. Add another entry, rinse and repeat, until the
given number is satisfied.

-- Users: When you locate a polling thread, you will see a
list of games to choose from. Click on a bubble next to the game
you want to vote for, and it will be chosen. You can only vote
once, so choose wisely. After you have voted for your game, the
voting results will show, where the nominees would be. It will
show each game, how many votes it has, and the percentage of votes
it has. When the polling dates are over and done with, the
announcement for the winner of the games will be shown in the
website news area, and the poll thread will be locked.

Showing 1-15 of 24