ForumsSupport ForumYou know that flag on our profile? Well I was wondering...

36 4517
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I wanted to know if the country flag that you select on your about could also be shown when you make a forum post, under your username where the rank sign is. This doesn't really have a point, but I just thought it might lessen the curiosity. I know there are lots of cons to this, but just throwing an idea out there...

• 36 Replies
seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

it should be an option

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

What do you mean , it should be an option?

You mean, you could choose whether to show your flag or not on your forum posts?

seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

yah thats what i mean

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Why should there be an option?
If you don't want people to know, then don't select a flag.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well the only true con to this that I can say truthfully matters is that it will be adding around 10 additional images or so(even though they are small) to page and this would happen in every single page on the forums.I don't think this would fill up the server any more then it already is,because I don't think it would have to copy the imagess over again,but there is always the small possibility of a slower page load up time.(even though it is doubtful for the size and amount of images added per page)Another thing,how could someone really abuse this feature?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Because so many people asked how it is possible to abuse this feature, I'm going to take that con off.

Pros:
Lessens curiosity
Easy to implement
Lessens confusion
Makes things easier when you have different political reviews
Makes threads more creative and interesting

Cons:

Not exactly needed currently
May lag slightly.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well the pros obviously outweigh the cons on this one.Also I'm sure someone could find a reason on why it is needed,and even then its hard to consider that a con,as it is not a direct reason on why it should not be implemented,but more of an excuse not to implement it till later,because other things come first.Then keep in mind the last con is only a possibility and a small one at that,so really its overall a good idea to be implemented,but if the admins(Carlie,Then Dan, then Shpigford) do choose to implement it then I doubt they will get it done any time soon.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

In that case, hopefully an admin will view this and give us their thoughts. Zophia doesn't think this is a bad idea...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

How will it lag either?? It's a picture, not something that constantly sends and receives information... All it does is take the information from the profile and sends it to the reply every time the user gives a message.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

well most peoples put fake flags up, because they look cool. unless people are puttin the wrong flag up it would cause even more confusion. plus, i dont even see how the flag causes the slightest bit of confusion. unless you need to know where everybody lives...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

well most peoples put fake flags up, because they look cool. unless people are puttin the wrong flag up it would cause even more confusion. plus, i dont even see how the flag causes the slightest bit of confusion. unless you need to know where everybody lives...

How will it lag either?? It's a picture, not something that constantly sends and receives information... All it does is take the information from the profile and sends it to the reply every time the user gives a message.

I'm taking it with what your saying that you think this idea is pretty good?
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

sure im not against it = )

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, thanks for the support then.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh wait, were you including me in it too? Lol, the only con to the idea is that the cons are pretty exaggerated and extreme =)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to contact Carlie and ask her to take a look at this thread.

Thanks for the support Shin

Showing 16-30 of 36