ForumsSupport ForumYou know that flag on our profile? Well I was wondering...

36 4516
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I wanted to know if the country flag that you select on your about could also be shown when you make a forum post, under your username where the rank sign is. This doesn't really have a point, but I just thought it might lessen the curiosity. I know there are lots of cons to this, but just throwing an idea out there...

• 36 Replies
Gladitator
Gladitator
75 posts
Nomad

Well I dont personally hate this idea it would be sort of cool looking at the different people's flags, instead of going to thier profile and seeing it from there.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

How will it lag either?? It's a picture, not something that constantly sends and receives information... All it does is take the information from the profile and sends it to the reply every time the user gives a message.

well actually the information has to be loaded up once,from the server,every time a web page is loaded up.How fast a web page is loaded up depends on two things from my newest understanding after taking courses concerning computers.They are as follows(keep in mind this is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate)

1.How much RAM the persons computer has,which loads up the web page faster by reading and computing the information from the server.

2.How fast the server is running,and the more information the server has on it,the more that it has to send at once,and the more things it has to compute at once.So in other words if the sever has a lot of people opening alot of web pages at once,then it may slow down,along with the server having alot of info on it,and not having enough empty space on its hard drives and then there is how much info it is sending at once for a single web page which depends on the servers processor(like if alot of people are using it,it tends to be the same way) which also may be affected by how much RAM you have on your computer.

My point through all of this is that pictures do make the loading time run slower if the server and your RAM are not up to par.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So this suggestion really wouldn't lag the site more than it is now.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

This is an interesting idea, but I am not sure I see why it is necessary. Since they are already on profiles, it seems a little superfluous to add it to forum posts as well. And I don't think it would be a huge issue with load time, but I would worry about the post information getting too cluttered.

So in summation, this is an interesting idea. But until we get development rolling again, it is not something that will be on the top of the list.

DiTzi
DiTzi
199 posts
Peasant

That's really a good idea!

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

I really like this idea it is usefull when people are in the politics area espicially when people ask qestions like what is better Russia or America so i think that this idea is good and that it could be usefull in many ways that we don't see yet.

Showing 31-36 of 36