ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe New Art Skills Judge (deadline: Monday)

151 35257
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

As we all know, Strop is leaving for a few weeks, and therefore has given up his job as the judge of the Art Skills competition leaving that spot open. All who would like to participate in running for this spot are welcome. As Strop said, it is up to the community to decide. There will however be a fair amount of rules to make sure that the next judge is qualified. Just because you fill in the spot as judge, does not mean you will become a mod.

Basic Rules:
-Flaming WILL get you automatically disqualified.

-You can only vote once per round

-Do not vote for someone just because they are your friend. Vote for them because you believe they are qualified.

-Do NOT vote until you are told that voting is open.

In Depth Rules and Steps:

1. You must fully understand the rules that the Art Skills Competition rules and have been fairly active in the competition for a decent amount of time. (By decent I mean long enough to also understand the amount of work it will take, and responsibility needed. Plus the fairness needed to judge)

2. You will write 1 to 2 paragraphs stating why you believe you are worthy of being the judge. Things you have judged in the past, ways you show responsibility, how you know that it would be difficult. Etc.

3. After this, there shall be a vote. Once the vote is finished and decided, the top 3 shall each get a 1 week trial, they decide the theme, deadline, and judge, this is to get an idea on whether or not they are able to commit.

4. Once the trials are over, we, the members of AG, will have one last vote on who will become the next, official, Art Skills Competition judge.

Schedule:

- January 14th, 2009. -
This will be the date of the closing of entering. Please have your full 1-2 paragraphs done and posted by then. Voting Starts today as well.

-January 16th, 2009-
The ending and counting up of voting. The #1 voted for will judge the theme "Judgement" and will pick the next theme, date, etc.

More schedule to come.

• 151 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK....I should have checked before I made that last comment,but it seems that fst6 voted for the first time,as I couldn't even find any votes from him for this round.I may have thought that he had already voted in this round,because of votes in the first round of voting,and when he said"vote again for this round" I was thinking as in he had already voted for this round and got confused and thought he had to vote again for this round,but in fact he meant vote again for another round.Either way here is the new results,which make it easier for me lets see...

Zophia-4
Cenere-4
crimsonblade55-3

I kind of just voted,can you guess who it was for?(it shouldn't be hard to figure out)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Actually fst6 have not voted in this round since last time I checked, but I have not looked through all the pages.

Well, I understand the word responsibility, and I will take time to judge, if I have to. Unless I am lying dead ill and cannot get a thought through my head, I should be able to judge. On the other hand that situation might occur more often than not.

And that responsibility talk reminds me I should be kicking myself...

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

One day left!!! It's tied between Zophia and Cenere. Crimson 1 vote behind. People, vote! [/intense prep talk]

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm I'm guessing you posted that before seeing the second post of mine,but anyways I have voted and am done with that,but I hope there will be someone to break the tie.Otherwise that would be kind of awkward.....

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Ninja! Hmm, ninja Sas > >...
And that speech came for nothing (and I who felt bad for sounding like I was trying to convince you > >...)

So, basically, we have no judge... Unless...

Since Zophia and I is in contact most of the time, sharing the responsibility would not be a problem, would it? Not as much as it would with other people not communicating off the interwebs, at least. Just a suggestion, since people will kill us, if there is not a judge for tomorrow.
Otherwise I guess a mod would be better than a regular user.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

wow I got double ninja'd haha.

I actually don't see a problem with you and Zoph sharing the responsibility. As you said, you and her know each other in real life, therefore making it easier to talk about it. But I'm thinking you mean take turns doing it? So yeah, if there is ultimately a tie, I don't see a problem.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I think we are a little different in ways of judging, but in general there should not be a problem with actually discussing the entries and picking an ultimate winner and stuff like that.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Alright it all ends today finally so good luck in whatever happens guys.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yeah... On the other hand it feels like I am taking the responsibility alone...
I wonder where Zophia is...

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Well, it appears to have ended in a tie? There still is a little time left before it is officially Tuesday, Cen, can't you contact her via phone? I know you two know each other in life, as it has been sayed before, but yeah. Hm...?

Any last minute voters to become the tie breaker?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I actually don't see a problem with you and Zoph sharing the responsibility.

If it does result in a tie, I don't see a problem with this either. You can either work on the decisions together, or switch off judging every week, so it is not so big of a responsibility for just one person. However the two of you want to solve it, I am sure it will work out.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

----------------------------
Outcome:
Tie between Zophia and Me.
For now I will be judging, since... I am not going to say it, I will just sound like I am borderline flaming for no reason.
So yeah.
Finally solved. And I am getting late for my bus.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Good, then the process shall resume as per normal. Zophia seems curiously absent from the forums as of late; I do not know why but seeing as she is one of two judges this should not be an issue for the time being.

Better luck next time, Crimsonblade, the one round I saw you judge you did a nice job, so there may be other projects in future in which you might like to be involved.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Zophia seems curiously absent from the forums as of late; I do not know why but seeing as she is one of two judges this should not be an issue for the time being.

Another reason why I should keep my mouth shut about it.
But in general: She is mentally absent (she will be at a computer all day the rest of the week), and might end up something, which I will not say, because it is her to tell you, and not me to be yelled at.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Better luck next time, Crimsonblade, the one round I saw you judge you did a nice job, so there may be other projects in future in which you might like to be involved.

Well I did make the decision to vote for Cenere,so I have no reason to feel like I lost,when I chose to allow a tie instead.I'm glad that unless Zophia somehow magically decides to not want to judge then,this will include two of the top competitors of the competition judging,instead of one,and if one of them becomes inactive ,then the other will still be able to step in and judge,so it is less likely that they will miss a dead line,unless Zophia stays this much inactive of course,which I hope and think won't happen....
Showing 136-150 of 151