ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe New Art Skills Judge (deadline: Monday)

151 35261
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

As we all know, Strop is leaving for a few weeks, and therefore has given up his job as the judge of the Art Skills competition leaving that spot open. All who would like to participate in running for this spot are welcome. As Strop said, it is up to the community to decide. There will however be a fair amount of rules to make sure that the next judge is qualified. Just because you fill in the spot as judge, does not mean you will become a mod.

Basic Rules:
-Flaming WILL get you automatically disqualified.

-You can only vote once per round

-Do not vote for someone just because they are your friend. Vote for them because you believe they are qualified.

-Do NOT vote until you are told that voting is open.

In Depth Rules and Steps:

1. You must fully understand the rules that the Art Skills Competition rules and have been fairly active in the competition for a decent amount of time. (By decent I mean long enough to also understand the amount of work it will take, and responsibility needed. Plus the fairness needed to judge)

2. You will write 1 to 2 paragraphs stating why you believe you are worthy of being the judge. Things you have judged in the past, ways you show responsibility, how you know that it would be difficult. Etc.

3. After this, there shall be a vote. Once the vote is finished and decided, the top 3 shall each get a 1 week trial, they decide the theme, deadline, and judge, this is to get an idea on whether or not they are able to commit.

4. Once the trials are over, we, the members of AG, will have one last vote on who will become the next, official, Art Skills Competition judge.

Schedule:

- January 14th, 2009. -
This will be the date of the closing of entering. Please have your full 1-2 paragraphs done and posted by then. Voting Starts today as well.

-January 16th, 2009-
The ending and counting up of voting. The #1 voted for will judge the theme "Judgement" and will pick the next theme, date, etc.

More schedule to come.

• 151 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Goodoh. Final clarification then:

Judging deadline is Monday, correct? I have changed the title accordingly- if this is wrong please send me a message on my profile.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That would solve a lot of problems... Though I don't know how well a Blastoise would judge. O.o

ok fine, I will switch my vote to zoph, because I one point I considered you a rival and now your an idol. Plus, your a good person, mod, and might as well see if your a good judge as well.
I still think blastoise should be good. .... or a ghost account
*ghostly voice*
Hell no, I have to deal with all the dang spam on my paaa~ge

Fiiiiine. lol.
I feel bad for all the ghosts, created as landfills for spam, I wish I could revoke their souls. 20 a day would do fine..... lol.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,so then Zophia has caught up to us now.Here is the new count

crimsonblade55-OVER 9000!!!!!!...(aka 3)
Cenere-3
Zophia-3

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Thoad is just being.. Turnish. Cannot remember the English word... *headdesk* ... No, did not help..

We need people to vote...

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

We need people to vote...

Indeed. Cause I am sure there are much more than 9 people who pay attention to the art thread. :/
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Let see, it is 10 with you, 11 with Crimson... Problem is, people do not care much... If at all.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Thoad is just being.. Turnish. Cannot remember the English word... *headdesk*

A turncoat?

Well, you could always have someone who is not in the judging make some sort of announcement, or contact people who frequent the Art Skills thread.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I fail to see why I should care. It doesn't make a difference who is judge except for who is judge. Partiality? Impartiality? Maybe higher chance of winning with so-and-so as judge? What so-and-so has to say about your piece if she/he is judge? Forget that. Might as well have three judges and a consensus.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Gantic, that would fall under my &quotlan B" :P

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Were you planning on unveiling it on Monday in the event of an obvious three-way tie?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh no, no, I already mentioned it on page 12 of this thread!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Let see, it is 10 with you, 11 with Crimson... Problem is, people do not care much... If at all.

Yes, there are so many people who go to the art comp and then just don't care to help out, how bothersome.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Oh no, no, I already mentioned it on page 12 of this thread!

Oh, but I meant at the same time. :P
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wait and see, wait and see...

...but recall that I no longer am providing any direct input on the direction of this competition!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,so tomorrow is the day the judge is decided,and I haven't voted yet......great.I have been waiting to see how things will turn out before I decide,but I didn't expect a tie,and especially a three way tie.....this is irritating.OK,so I think I will vote for....IDK who ever has more time on their hands...Cenere do you feel like you have enough time on your hands lately?It seems almost no one does as of late,including myself,until possibly the end of this week after regional's in DC,but anyways I don't really want to vote for myself here,since to me that would feel...a bit like cheating to me if that makes any sense to you,but I don't know which one of you to choose between.Maybe someone else will magically come by and cast a vote to make it all much easier,who hasn't voted already.fst6 you have voted already correct....hmm I should go check and see if you voted for Zophia before...Otherwise that would make it all a bit different...

Showing 121-135 of 151