ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe New Art Skills Judge (deadline: Monday)

151 35258
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

As we all know, Strop is leaving for a few weeks, and therefore has given up his job as the judge of the Art Skills competition leaving that spot open. All who would like to participate in running for this spot are welcome. As Strop said, it is up to the community to decide. There will however be a fair amount of rules to make sure that the next judge is qualified. Just because you fill in the spot as judge, does not mean you will become a mod.

Basic Rules:
-Flaming WILL get you automatically disqualified.

-You can only vote once per round

-Do not vote for someone just because they are your friend. Vote for them because you believe they are qualified.

-Do NOT vote until you are told that voting is open.

In Depth Rules and Steps:

1. You must fully understand the rules that the Art Skills Competition rules and have been fairly active in the competition for a decent amount of time. (By decent I mean long enough to also understand the amount of work it will take, and responsibility needed. Plus the fairness needed to judge)

2. You will write 1 to 2 paragraphs stating why you believe you are worthy of being the judge. Things you have judged in the past, ways you show responsibility, how you know that it would be difficult. Etc.

3. After this, there shall be a vote. Once the vote is finished and decided, the top 3 shall each get a 1 week trial, they decide the theme, deadline, and judge, this is to get an idea on whether or not they are able to commit.

4. Once the trials are over, we, the members of AG, will have one last vote on who will become the next, official, Art Skills Competition judge.

Schedule:

- January 14th, 2009. -
This will be the date of the closing of entering. Please have your full 1-2 paragraphs done and posted by then. Voting Starts today as well.

-January 16th, 2009-
The ending and counting up of voting. The #1 voted for will judge the theme "Judgement" and will pick the next theme, date, etc.

More schedule to come.

• 151 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Nah, I checked twice to be sure, so we will have to poke him for a an answer, because as it is now, I would say the vote goes to you. So unless he is going to vote for Zophia next, he should be allowed to give us a final call about this.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Cenere, you really don't have to be sarcastic about it... if you have an issue with it, come talk to me and we can work it out constructively.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Throwing up an official apology here too.
I am sorry if it sounded sarcastic, I was hoping for bitter.

But people just do whatever they find best, and I will keep to my own three threads and what not.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

alright, I choose...
YOU! BLASTOISE!!!!
:3

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

alright, I choose...
YOU! BLASTOISE!!!!

X-D Perhaps we should bring him in? LOL
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No worries, I just think we need to come up with a better way to do this. I don't really want to argue about it. I am not completely against this method of choosing the next judge, but I do think it should be modified.

So voting for the next official judge is bad, because we would have only one judge for as long as that person would want the job? /sarcasm.
Just because some people have missed out the rather long round for voluntering...
Sorry, not seeing any logic, not caring.
All the crap around this, just let people do whatever they want, it seems... Direction is out of track...
Oh well, not making me want to join the race for the merit, and I guess the test judging was an one time only affair.
/rant

Lock, please?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

alright, I choose...
YOU! BLASTOISE!!!!
That would solve a lot of problems... Though I don't know how well a Blastoise would judge. O.o

*throws the 'it doesn't look like you've kept your knowledge up to date' after Carlie again*

Sorry. This was working, even though people have been ridiculously uncaring about voting.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I'm kinda backing out of the Art Skills Comp now... this was going perfectly fine, just about to finally decide who wins... *sigh* that was a waste of a month.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I vote for... Zophia!

Mwahahaha, your leads grow thinner! >:-D

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Independent observer speaking: there was a misunderstanding. Some people have confirmed that the misunderstanding has since been resolved but it would be good if you all ensure that you're on the same page now, yes?

So (since I'm watching this from the background), as I understand it, voting has resumed and Carlie has cast a vote for Zophia.

Commentary: Interim governments ideally are precisely that- but often are altered to adjust to the turmoils thrown up by a sudden change in regime and become semi-permanent in themselves. Go either of these paths, but do it quickly for in-between lies the no-man's-land of political frustration, apathy and eventual chaos.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Corollary: If you feel you do not have time to a) sort any confusion with the judging process now, b) commit at least two regular hours a week (more initially) to the contest, then the following options need to be looked at:

a) Backing out (which is what I did)
b) Discarding the current format and consider other options i.e. using different judges per week
c) Cut the cross-talk and resort to unilateral action from a person with the vested authority.

Obviously c) was the option I was hoping to avoid because it was not for me to decide, but collectively you may wish to do this. But again, do it quickly. I sense the apathy coming on.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

*blink*

I just meant I didn't feel like keeping up with this. I was never in the running if that's who you were directing that to Strop, I'm slightly confused, considering you use big words of which only half I understand.

So does that mean it wasn't a waste of a month?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Independent observer speaking: there was a misunderstanding. Some people have confirmed that the misunderstanding has since been resolved but it would be good if you all ensure that you're on the same page now, yes?

No worries, it's all worked out. We are forging on with the judging.

a) Backing out (which is what I did)
b) Discarding the current format and consider other options i.e. using different judges per week
c) Cut the cross-talk and resort to unilateral action from a person with the vested authority.

I think for now sticking with the Monday judging deadline is the best option. If that doesn't end up working out, then they can start looking into the other options... But for now, going along with the judging process seems like the best option for them to go with.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Since I am want this to come to an end, I will cast a vote. The person of these three I think is most suited is...

(when will I say it? Oh the tension!)
Zophia!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,so with these two votes let me tally up the votes.

Cenere-3
crimsonblade55-3
Zophia-2(finally not N/A)

OK so I think that should be all for right now.Let the voting continue.

Showing 106-120 of 151