ForumsSupport Forumi think i found a way to stop scammers !!!

30 4823
the1andonly
the1andonly
115 posts
Nomad

well, ive quit this game for quite some time now, but ive just found out a way to stop scammers, it might not work, but... im just taking a chance.

here is what i think is A way to stop spamming.

1. talking doesnt count as any points, (bit like kongregates)
2. makes achievement's instead for each game.
3.only mods can give points to people (apart from the ones given from games)

4. if none of the above work, at least making people talk once every minute or so.

• 30 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

1. talking doesnt count as any points, (bit like kongregates)
2. makes achievement's instead for each game.
3.only mods can give points to people (apart from the ones given from games)

1. Well that hasn't been an idea 50 times, and shot down because people luv their AP points...
2. Good luck getting developers to make achievements for all their games =O
3. Errrrrrrrr...suks to be a Mod then.

I don't think this is a good idea, KG is built, from what I understand of their systems, completely different and they have a 'different' way to stop their own spam problems, I don't think copying them is very good >_>
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

(bit like kongregates)

Lol, a bit?

Every single thing you suggested IS Kongregates ideas.

Well, this would make us Kongregate's biggest fan club which AG is an ORIGINAL gaming site we don't take ideas that make us copy an other gaming site.

Well, the only thing I could really see work is commenting= no points but besides that the 'acheivements' and 'mods only give points' are thumbs down.
Mobyduck
Mobyduck
108 posts
Nomad

Removing points from commenting would greatly filter the number of people commenting, but there would still be spammers using bots to post links to untrustable sites or to say how bad/good the game is.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Making the moderators give people points would put them in a very uncomfortable position. You can just imagine the conflicts that would arise there. People would get upset when they don't get points, and the mods would be constantly hassled to give them to people. The automatic way of doing it is much better!

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

gimme some points plox x10k is what will fill their commentboxes everyday.

The only thing that can be done to reduce spam (there isnt any scamming... yet) is having dedicated members flag and report. Personaly i only report when people do really bad things like posting bad links ect.
Otherwise i stick to flagging becouse i dont want to harass the mods with 1k links.

Sep

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

It would over work the moderators that can't be everywhere at once and it wouldn't make spammers stop because you can't stop a spammer unless you ban them.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I do not agree with this , but good try.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I'd agree with #1, profile comments provide way too much AP, but the second one would make us lose our originality, and the third one is just way too harsh on mods.

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

People would still spam just to annoy others.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

spammers are frekin annoying.

Irony Fail.

If any, I would use the last one. We would need a team of 500 point givers to give points to the needy.

yes this post is just top make that Fail joke and to keep from spamming myself.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

1. That was spam in itself, Platinumfork. Posting without a constructive comment is considered spam. What I would like to see changed are the comments. They should just be turned into PM's (public messages), without any AP gain; they serve no purpose, besides notifying and chatting.

2. AG is based on games and striving to make better games from the developers, that this whole purpose is what is most important in AG, so that's why gave 2 AP's for each comment, and the ironic thing is, obviously, there's little to no effort put forth into the comments. Sure, there's a good comment or two, and some people try to go for a review, but 99% of comments are spam. So... which part really IS the most important of AG?

3. Manual is lame when there are masses. That's why we have invented
manufacturing! The server does most of the work around here, and
if any of that was put to waste, things would definitely be slow around here.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well explained, Shintetsu.
Actually, I find it fairly weird that people actually spend more time and effort into their game reviews on newgrounds, even though they don't award any points or EXP.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Because on AG, most of the threads are stupid and pose no significance what-so-ever. And on NG you actually are RATING something. . .

Jack8black8
Jack8black8
115 posts
Nomad

Well i don't think there enoff mods for that and I don't think they want to go around giving people points, some people would also stop comming to ag as well if you don't get points for talking

Jack8black8
Jack8black8
115 posts
Nomad

ill make what i sed more clear without ap some people would just stop coming to ag

Showing 16-30 of 30