ForumsSupport ForumCall me crazy...

60 12136
nqkoi1
nqkoi1
376 posts
Nomad

but I think the forum needs an edit post button next to your posts and buttons when making posts that easily place HTML tags such as hyperlink or picture link.

• 60 Replies
sintrum
sintrum
230 posts
Nomad

Yep we need and editing post besause i bet when il finish this post il had put an error..and il need to re edit it

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah i would love an editing tool cause i always screw up on what im saying or i type the wrong letters. And for people who make spam can fix there mistakes to change what they did wrong so nobody yells at them. And some of my friends on this site need it (im not pointing fingers but i am pointing arrows)

I
I
I
V

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

An editing option would be great. i always hate whn I write a comment, then think of something a second after I post.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

hmmm, i don't know about on comments, because then if somebody said something bad they could just change it and there would be no proof, but on forum posts, thats ok idea, even though the same rule applies, so if like it had to block anything out it should be uneditable

airdude123
airdude123
266 posts
Nomad

ya ...that idea isnt so bad

soucravn
soucravn
53 posts
Nomad

yeah gets annoying when you post something with hundreds of grammar mistakes and you cant correct it

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

@jwalshjr
As has been stated before, if somebody takes screenshots of inappropriate material when they see it, The edit won't matter. If somebody changes something bad before anybody sees it, there's no harm done, is there? I mean, normally the "it's not bad if it isn't caught" is not true, but in this case, if nobody sees insulting/offensive/inappropriate material, then nobody is being offended by it. That's just my opinion though, I can't speak for the other mods/admins.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Chances are people won't edit a post to make it worse. So if the only thing that can happen will be to make the post better...

The only problem I might see is that if earlier posts are changes, the thread might not make sense, because the next post might be commetning on something that's not there. Just a thought.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

@ubertuan
That is true, if nobody sees it, but a lot of people don't know how to take screen shots, or won't think of it, and then they report the person, the person notices it, changes the comment, and then it wastes everyone's time, so I say if there is editing we'll have to find a way to limit it, like only once or something, but true, if someone takes the time to take a screen shot it will be fine!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Bigbowla, you do bring up a good point, the way I see it, everyone should have the option to edit the post, but it should be limited to one, but I say that if your a moderator you should be able to edit your posts probably just as many times as you want, or if your the creator of a stickied topic, like BigBowla532 said, you should be able to edit your posts as many times as you like, but only on that topic!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Well, if we want to edit our own posts right after we make them we can just delete and post again :P

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Heres what we should do, we should be able to edit your post, but below your edited version it should show how your non-edited post looked like. That way you can fix your errors and not through off the flow of the thread.

SkullZero1 edited this post on 29 May 2008 at 6:05 PM
Original Post:

Hers what we should do, you should be able to edit your post, but below your edited version it should show how your non-edited post looked like.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Then it'd take forever to navigate through a thread, if many of the comments were almost repeated, except for minor or major changes.

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

SkullZero1, good idea and all but it would fill up the whole page with edits. Now, I'm all for this idea but I think I could specify what it should look like in my own layout. There should be an edit and delete button. Now, when editing, it will say you have edited in small text on the bottom on the page and when you have edited it. When deleting the page you would lose the points you have gained for posting. In both events, any moderators can see what has been edited or deleted if they wish to. There would be a special tab for moderators to edit, delete or view edits/deletes of a certain post. The "view edits/deletes" would be erased from the database every month to reduce lag. How does that sound?

waRMachine5
waRMachine5
19 posts
Nomad

I agree, having an edit button will definitely make the site better, and probably reduce all the comments and clutters because of mistakes on their comments. This is a nice idea.

Showing 46-60 of 60