ForumsSupport ForumRe: Missing games

262 75918
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

We've received several reports of popular games such as Amorphous+ going missing, which I'm sure must have been most distressing for many of you!

Fear not, I think we've figured out why this has been happening. As you know, more developers have recently been working on optimising the site so that it doesn't 'lag so much' and 'break' (both common and valid complaints we hear about), after which the administration will be able to implement changes to the site much more easily.

A side-effect of this is that certain game files might go missing. As far as I know, they were not intentionally deleted, nor is it a permanent loss, as we should be able to recover them as soon as we figure out precisely what's going on.

In short: your favorite game missing? It's not gone forever: We'll get it back soon!

• 262 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's not missing. They relegate less popular new games from the front page to their respective section.

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

What happened to Huje Tower?

jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

I want to know how I went from 789 points yesterday to 354 points today. [Monthly points] And don't give me crap about two word comments. I have been commenting on graphics, controls, and even music. This has happened more then once and its really starting to piss me off.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

How about missing games that (maybe) never were on ArmorGames? Does that count as well?

Then why not add Sifting Heads 1, 2 and 3? =)

Had loads of fun with them (and SH4), just the first three are not to be found on ArmorGames, sad to say...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

MrDayCee, we cannot just add games. If you want those games to be on AG, you should ask the creator(s) to submit it to the site. That is how it works, really.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Oh, sorry... =S Didn't know that it worked that way!

But will do that, thanx for the tip Cenere!

julster159
julster159
3 posts
Nomad

I like that game, i played it on Kongregate and it was cool...

NiveousWinter
NiveousWinter
6 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure how long this has been happening but I just found it... All the action games on pages 7 and down when listed by date are gone...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I'm not sure how long this has been happening but I just found it... All the action games on pages 7 and down when listed by date are gone...

This is probably something that happened during maintenance (like stated in the beginning of this thread), they should return shortly I guess... Don't worry!
Beast27
Beast27
12 posts
Nomad

yeah i just noticed the link for the shooter game weapon is up but when i click on it it brings me to the page but there is no game and it says by (blank). Does this mean its missing and if so when will it be back up?

UltimateDeep
UltimateDeep
1 posts
Peasant

Pls rectify the dumb problem, I've been unable to play anything for the whole day.

sonny2009
sonny2009
13 posts
Nomad

I think the same thing has happened to Sonny 2. I can't get to it.

Hydo
Hydo
2 posts
Nomad

I think the same thing has happened to Sonny 2. I can't get to it.

Yes thats what happened to me too ^^
supertoad
supertoad
1 posts
Nomad

On the subject of missing games, Palisade Guardian 2 sends you back to the home page. Just FYI

Sire
Sire
2 posts
Nomad

It is to be noted that Amorphous is not just missing here- upon checking several other sites which had it in their listings, its link also lead directly back to their main page. I don't know if this is do to them using Armor games file of Amorphous, or do to all of the sites using the same file elsewhere which is what it corrupted, but I doubt this is coincidence.

Showing 151-165 of 262