ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 260738
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

"A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. Pretty darn interesting.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i just started a book called Dead Men Kill by L. Ron Hubbard, a story originally from the 1930s that was apart of thrilling detective magazine or something

Bettydbricy
Bettydbricy
12 posts
Nomad

If you were not a dream, I love Marc Levi

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

When Buddhists Attack by Jeffrey Mann

I didn't realize how lame the title sounds until I typed it. It's good, explains the somewhat confusing relationship between the Buddhism (which is non-violent) and Japanese martial arts.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I finished reading 'It' last night at about 2 in the morning. Great plan, really; just read this story about a monster from outside the universe in the middle of a thunderstorm at some ungodly hour...

And I finally FINALLY got my hands on a copy of Song of Susannah. I think Stephen King is about to break the fourth wall. He already did, to be honest; but now he's pulverizing it with a sledgehammer. Exciting.
After this, I guess I'll read the last book in the Dark Tower series and hop off my Stephen King binge for a while. Maybe I'll read more Lovecraft. I accept recommendations for good horror books (but don't give me Koontz; I don't like his style).

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have a few eBooks about witchcraft that I plan to read just for the fun of it since Halloween is coming but I haven't decided which one to read first.
I have The Complete Book of Witchcraft, Demonology and Witchcraft, The Philosophy of Witchcraft, and Magic and Witchcraft.
Muhahahaha! >

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

The Crucible By Arthur Miller. It's really a play, but quite a good book. It's an allegory for the McCarthy trials of the 1950's, and set in Salem Massachusetts during the witch trials.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well, I just finished the final book of the Dark Tower series, which is aptly named "The Dark Tower." The way it ends makes perfect sense and I hate it.

I have no idea what I'll read next. I'll probably hop off my Stephen King binge and go reread The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica or the Monstrumologist Series.

Arithacus
Arithacus
2 posts
Nomad

Networking for Dummies 9 in 1 edition (what?!?).
My Wicked Wicked Ways (Errol Flynn Autobio)
London Falling by Paul Cornell.

If you're an Urban Fantasy Fan put this last one on your list, along side Neil Gaimans American Gods, Anansi Boys and Neverwhere, Mike Shevdon and his Courts of the Faere, Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid, Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London, and Bennedict Jacka's Alex Verus books.

Ferret, did you read (or re-read) The Shining before starting Doctor Sleep? I was surprised at how much I enjoyed reading it again.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

In honor of Halloween, Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestly. A very scary collection of short stories.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Empires Lost And Won by Albert Marrin.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

A friend just let me borrow his Blood of Olympus book. So I'll definitely be reading that.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

At the Mountains of Madness - H.P. Lovecraft

Showing 481-495 of 606