ForumsForum GamesA new kind of RPG

50 8477
Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

I am new to the forums here, but have played many forum games anf RPG's on other forums.

I was sad to see that your style of RPG was based on stats and played like a turn based game such as adventure quest.

In other RPG threads I played a much different way that involved a lot of creativity and problem solving.

I would now like to try and start one of these RPG's here.

This is how it works:

You first need to make a character.

Before playing you need to post a description of him/her following this format:

Name: (no names from books or movies unless you did not intend to copy)

Race: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Orc etc...

Weight/height: No giants yet, Should be proportionate to what you person does.

Profession: Blacksmith, healer, soldier, mage, carpenter, farmer, etc...
(can have more then one as long as it makes sense)

Background: Backstory, where did they grow up, who were their parents etc...

Discipline: What do they know, what fighting styles do they have, wjo taught them

Affiliation: Good or evil, A bit of both, neutral

Favorite weapon: Must fit the era we are in, you may pick up other weapon as the game proceeds.

Random: any other information not covered by the other categories.

• 50 Replies
Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

Not any more.

Elite you can play now.

Arcturus seeing what tudor had done quickly reassembled all three warships with a wave of his sword.

"we must capture these ships, not destroy them" he said.

The 3 Anglian vessels lined up into a formation, and their cannons began to fire sending 35 pound balls of iron into the enemy ships.

The enemy was quick to respond with their own volley's.

"fire the solar beams" Arcturus said.

From each ship 3 beams of pure yellow light melted the steering mechanisms on all 4 ships.

"Move in for boarding" was the next command.

The Irrevocable crashed into the side of one of the smaller ships and hundreds of men jumped onto the enemies ship. Arcturus could sense many spells being cast from both sides as the sailors, marines, and battlemages fought for their ships. Tudor was right beside arcturus as they jumped aboard, Arcturus absorbed a spell with his sword just before it could eviscerate tudor.

Continue...

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Dherok picked up a rock and tossed it from hand to hand. "What is your opinion on magic?" he cautiously asked Gherok. Gherok had just finished setting up his hide-tent. "I don't know... it is a little useless to me, the only spell I ever learned was to repair my blade, and after using it, it made me feel tired, as if I had just carried an ox for 10 miles." Gherok paused, pulled out a piece of roasted meat and took hearty bites. After a minute, he continued his tale. "It made me feel quite drained. I know the basic principles of Arcane magic."

Dherok looked up at his brother. "What if this is a new kind of magic?" Gherok was puzzled. "What do you mean?" Dherok stood up and paced in circles as he explained, "Well, normal magic takes brain power, right? Well, this new magic takes physical power. I know, I know, it sounds insane, but it is 100% correct. Orcs have hidden abilities that are genetically passed down through our ancestry. These special abilities are the reason we are so physically superior to the strongest of beings, besides trolls..."

Gherok was entirely lost now. "So your saying that there is a hidden form of magics that all orcs have, and these special abilities are physically based, not elemental, arcane, holy or unholy, which EVERY single other form of magic is?" Dherok nodded multiple times throughout Gherok's statement.

"Yes, there is. If you want proof, I can show you. However, know this: this form of magic will not kill you. No matter what your skill or strength is, you will have side effects from this form of magic, but it is the most powerful for the degree at which it is cast. Spells can do anything from slightly tire you to the least degree, to knock you out-cold for up to an hour. These reasons are why it isn't a great idea to waste your strength during a battle. I also forgot to add, the spells can be almost entirely cast, using Adrenaline as fuel instead of your physical energy. Now, I shall demonstrate to you this insane ability..."

Dherok stabilized his stance and placed his hands together. He pulled his hands apart, but it took extreme force, using all his muscles and making them bulge. He grew a scowl on his face, and sweat formed on his face. He continued to pull his hands apart, and there was a visible ball of blinding white energy quickly growing between his hands. By now his entire upper body was shaking. The ball grew brighter and larger, and Gherok shielded his eyes with his arm, but continued to stare in amazement. Dherok then seemed to pull the massive ball of energy into his hand, spun around, and made a throwing motion. The energy ball exploded in the direction he threw it, and a beam shot out of his hand, striking a gazelle dead, but leaving no wound.

"Twelve seconds... my new record..."

Dherok then collapsed on the ground and drifted into unconsciousness. His brother bent over him, a look of astonishment on his face, then everything faded black...

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

Tredius the ancient orcish mage felt a surge of energy from nearby, one of his own had discovered the secret, they must be taught.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Dherok awoke laying on a bed of animal hide and straw. He didn't know where he was or what time it was. To his left, his brother was leaning back in a chair, dozing off. Above him, a very old looking orc stood above him, studying him. "You've finally come to," the old one said in a gruff, yet friendly and calm voice. Dherok wiped his eyes and pulled himself up a little. "Where... where am I?"

The old orc smiled with yellow teeth, some missing and the rest worn with age. "I am Tredius. I came with haste when I felt your Veriib."

Dherok was now even more confused. "What?" The old one explained, "You used your inner power to manipulate a force that none other than the orcish race can, and very few of them. The spell you know is called 'Veriib', it is quite a basic spell, simply using raw energy to assault the mind of your enemies. The Gazelle you assaulted had a weak mind, and therefore the little power of magic you hold was able to slay it. You seem even more confused, I shall explain to you. First of all, the magic orcs can use is known as Fury. It partially upholds its name. I'm sure you have heard of great orcish warriors overcoming otherwise impossible odds when they are enraged, this is because of Fury. Fury is normally used during battle when a warrior is against extreme odds. Unconsciously, all the warriors that you hear of in tales activated Fury at least once in their life. Usually fury is used to empower a weapon, dull the pain of wounds, and sometimes, but rarely, used to heal a wound, or wounded ally. Quiet, there is more. Very few orcs are able to activate Fury by their own will. When this happens, the orc can be classified as a warlock. Warlocks have advantages over the elvish mages and the humans with their elemental magics because instead of taking years of study of magic dabble, warlocks use their own physical strength. That is enough for now... get some rest. I am going to teach you of the ways of Fury.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Dherok's Dream:

Everything was dark (cliched). Dherok was standing by himself. Then, an old, wise looking orc appeared out of the shadows (also cliched). "Hello again, young Dherok. It is I, Tredius. I have entered your dream using magic. Do not be alarmed, I am here to teach you more about the power of Fury. As you know, Fury magic is very physical. Because of this, Fury can easily be used with a weapon to maximize it's effect. Your brother has the ability to repair his weapon. This is very normal, yet Gherok is lucky as well, for you and him both have a great gift that few orcs know of, and fewer accept it. I shall now teach you your... well... second, spell."

Tredius lifted his left hand to his shoulder height, with his palm facing up. With no effort, he summoned a fire ball the size of his head. "When I entered your mind using magic, we created a special training room for mages. This "dreamstate" is very effective for training. Ok, first lesson. As a warlock, you can absorb magical abilities to replenish your own. First of all, clear your mind. Now, think of a great blue orb, as deep blue as you can, and your body will do the rest."

Dherok did as he was told, and he immediately put his hands out in front of him and a blue light emitted from the palm of his hand. Strangely, this took no energy from him at all.

Tredius said, " Good, good, you are going to be an easy one to teach. Now, I am going to throw this fire ball at you. If you catch it, you will absorb the fireball, which will replenish your energy and teach you all the knowledge of the spell. Be warned, however, that some arcane spells take advantage of this ability, and can shatter the shield, which will cause you so immense of pain and fatigue, if you had the strength of 10 orcs it would instantly drop you. Now, absorb the fire ball."

Tredius threw the fireball at Dherok, and the fireball hit the blue shield right in the center. Energy exploded from the shield in the form of purple arcane streams, and a very thin layer of flame shot up Dherok's arm and into his head. He inhaled powerfully from the sudden sensation, taking in all the arcane residue from the shield. He went on a knee and caught himself, overwhelmed from what had just happened. After a moment, Dherok stood up. "What just happened?"

"You absorbed my fireball, and with it, all the information you will ever need to cast it. The fireball is more efficient at destruction than the Veriib, but the Veriib has other uses. Though it is considered basic, out of all classes the Veriib is the most similar spell to mind control. Now, try to summon a fireball."

Dherok held his palm up, and a small fireball generated. However, the fire burned his hand, interrupting the spell, which caused feedback to occur, causing a miniature lightning storm in his hand that exploded the fireball.

"Heh, forgot to tell you, the fireball is going to hurt the first time. What you got was feedback. Feedback is when the spell isn't cast correctly, resulting in anything from lower energy efficiency to hurting yourself slightly. Try the fireball again."

Dherok retried the fireball spell again, this time concentrating hard. Slowly, a small flame appeared in his hand, then swirled around itself. It eventually grew bigger and bigger, then stopped growing. Dherok bounced it from hand to hand; now that he wasn't casting, it was like a burning rock. He then threw it in the air, and when it came back down, absorbed it.

Tredius stated, "Well learning. Awake now, you and your brother are back at your settlement. If you wish to continue learning, all you have to do is sleep on it. I will contact you in your dreams."

"But why are you helping me learn all this magic?"

"Because you have great potential in you, Dherok. When the time comes, you will understand what I mean. Now, awake."

Showing 46-50 of 50