ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Auto Logout

30 6259
MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

it would be cool and easy if everytime we close our browser and we ar logged on to AG, i would automatically log us out. many times i have forgotten to logout and my brother messes with my profile

• 30 Replies
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

or when u log out it could say are u sure i dont know if that was what u meant

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

No, I don't want to be manditorily auto-logged out. I want to choose when I log out.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

it would be better if you could choose to be automatcally logged out or not.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Ah, that's what you meant Ernie, I was a little confused for awhile.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

How do you forget your password if you come to AG almost every day?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I don't like to type my password everytime, besides I'm the one in my family that mostly uses AG.

boydorn
boydorn
343 posts
Nomad

the only bad thing i could see with this would be that if you were playing a game, would it count you as inactive, seeing as its pretty much impossible for armorgames to see whether or not you are actually doing something on it!! so then when you tried to rate/leave a comment you would get a nasty surprise :-/ can't see it working with any period like 5 mins!! also when you log in you automatically go to the control panel, that would get irritating :-/

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

either way why would anyone want to have a feature like this. It's not like someone will use your account to spam......unless you have an evil twin =O

boydorn
boydorn
343 posts
Nomad

in the end it will produce a heck of alot of frustration, for such little gain, seriosuly, if you have others in the house who you know will roam for a logged on computer with malicious intent, then log off, its simple, log off and log on every time if you feel you have to, that's exactly the same effect that would be produced by a feature like this! we might as well not disadvantage the whole community

kirkus333
kirkus333
118 posts
Nomad

If you forget yo?????

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I've been auto-logged out before

you lose all auto logged in things when you delete all your cookies in an attempt to speed up your internet connection

i'm the only one in my family who goes on this site too...
DiTzi
DiTzi
199 posts
Peasant

I know what you mean.Sometimes I forget to log out and when I come back CRAAAZY THINGS HAPPEN!I agree with you but with an option of course because some users may don't like it.

brenda_1997
brenda_1997
831 posts
Nomad

Yeah i wish there was an auto log out =]
i always forget to logout ..

starmaster40
starmaster40
2 posts
Scribe

An auto log out is need for people who share a computer. Forgetfulness is common. And you dont want other people messing with your account. All they would need is a check box that says "Always stay logged in" Or "This is a public computer". One will keep you log in always, the other will automatically log you out unless you unchecked it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@starmaster40 Please don't bring back a 5 year old thread. An auto log out is more bothersome to the majority then helpful, so it will likely not become a site feature in the near future. It's very easy to log out of your account though.

Showing 16-30 of 30