ForumsWEPRDoes anyone not believe in God?

69 10402
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

I mean this in the most unoffensive way possible. while i will speak my mind, I do have utmost respect for anyone and everyone and their beliefs and religion, and I do not mean to upset you in any way possible.
However, I will say that I do not believe in god or really any religion at that. I do not believe that God or a superior entity created all things. I do not believe that God answers prayers to those who worship them. If you think about it, one average and normal person may be praying somewhere in the United States in the hopes that God will give do them a service in some form or another and that it gets done somehow. However, what about the hundreds of young children in the Middle East who happen to be starving at that same moment? Aren't they praying too? So why is it that one average worshipper is done their service and hundreds more innocent and far humbler children starve to death because they were not done theirs? I simply cannot see the logic in this outcome, which happens everyday. Could it be that God plays favorites? I shudder at that thought. What happened to we're all created equal? Or maybe were not...

Again, I mean absolutely no disrespect of any kind towards anybody of any religion.

• 69 Replies
Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I heard a funny quote the other day...

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, no matter who wins, you're still retarded.

It's not really politically correct, but it's funny and applicable.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Yeah I think that is on Dacers profile kinda funny but very harsh.

b3nd0v3r
b3nd0v3r
23 posts
Nomad

I don;t believe in God, but their could be a god, but i am not going to spend my life worrying about it.

BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

Great point, Ninjacube. I feel retarded arguing on the internet.

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

For me, there isn't much debate. Evolution. That's all I needed to believe that God doesn't exist. There is evidence that we have evolved from the apes, not somehow generating out of nothing in particular. Simply the fact that God did not create the human race is tantamount to explaining that God doesn't have control over everything in our lives. We are the ones who change our own lives, not a heavenly entity.

BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

For me, there isn't much debate. Evolution. That's all I needed to believe that God doesn't exist. There is evidence that we have evolved from the apes, not somehow generating out of nothing in particular. Simply the fact that God did not create the human race is tantamount to explaining that God doesn't have control over everything in our lives. We are the ones who change our own lives, not a heavenly entity.

I might add that God may have created humanity with a history that connects to the apes. In other words, he made it so that if we had existed before he created us, we would have evolved into human beings. Nothing comes without a history. The first human being had to come from a woman, but then they wouldn't be the first human being anymore. The only explanation is that when the world was created, everything had its own history. Just throwing that out there.
Xavier1
Xavier1
671 posts
Nomad

Or, the first by definition human was just that little bit more evolved than it's parents. That is how evolution works. So if you really wanted to split hairs I suppose you could say that the first human to be born was a different species to it's parents.

But also, to the first post. What you're not considering is that maybe god works through others to solve prayers making them not seem like miracles at all. Now consider that the Middle East and Africa for example, while poor are not Catholic or Protestant as a majority. While alot of the better off countries are. Now, I'm not racist or looking down on other religions because I myself am confused as to what I believe but the real thing to think about is whether god helped england have the impact it did on the world being mainly Christian or whether you think that one religion was going to be dominant and it just happens to be Christianity. I hope you see the point I'm making because I think I rambled a fair bit there.

RoyalArmour
RoyalArmour
18 posts
Nomad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQTALEIMRKY watch this video its called "who creted god"

RoyalArmour
RoyalArmour
18 posts
Nomad

but even if we did evolve, which i don't thinks the case so much there always has to be a starting point if you owatched the video above you would no what im talking about...

Showing 61-69 of 69