ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491512
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
yayformeee
yayformeee
136 posts
Nomad

ummmm....
NO.
this is definitely not my best.
It's just that this time I am not using a prismatic farm, cause that lags waaaaay too much. So, it's a little harder to focus On upgrading the gems to full speed.
Maybe make them 1 at a time?
IDK

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

If you upgrade w/8s that should get you to 382 firing speed. If you get 6 of these it should be cake walk to get to 670. Then make lots and lots of them. But if. Your at 800K mamapool you have to have some up to speed? Is this what your asking?

yayformeee
yayformeee
136 posts
Nomad

I'm not asking, I'm saying.
And a grade 8 r/o gem is firing speed 210 in a TRAP.
and would it help if I said I angered the wave 16 giants to 300k health?
I think it was wave 16, or maybe 19, I forget which one is giants.
Anyways, 300k that early was too much, so I focused on supergemming a prismatic...

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Well...not the final level, but still my best kept score: 39.9 billion on the third guardian. (39.9mill exp).
I shall consider it a practice run for the final level; at any rate, I was able to make a prismatic with 100,000 max tower damage within the space of a single wave, Thanks to the fact that I managed to find a secondlag-optimal valley.

As it took me most of yesterday and this morning to do, I conclude the following: I need at least a week of no school to do all the waves of the final level.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

munch with teh hue u may realise why i like my king gem strategy, the reason u have monsters iwth hue 0 or 30 is because of your mana farm, with a prismatic farm you get a random hue and random hue gems usualy

waves become the hue of your average gem rounded to the nearest 30, this is why with a mana farma t hue 30 and 1 gem at hue 200 i have monsters with average hue of like 31, and my gem does max dmg always that way

not trying again for now, ill try again in 3 weeks when im between 2 sports, thers a 3 week gap between football and basketball, also i think i have an idea on how to avoid the glitch

1. dont use the weight to hold m key down, it lags

2. keep monsters to aroudn 600, with blue gems for controll i can still get max mana gain

3. ask munch how he gets to wave 90 in 10 huors when it takes me 40 to get to wave 50

3. use the inferior towers to avoid lag

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

:P nice progress from all.

i need help with something.
im currently at lvl 125.
highest exp from final lvl was like ALMOST 800k(800mil score)
like wave 140 and only 200k mana pool.

i need help on knowing how to start it right for a good foundation, and any other advice for my situation

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

Also, i have my own theory of what'll happen at the end.

and it doesnt sound good.

odds are its going to just stop. no waves or anything. and it will wait for you to kill the gem. unfortunately :/

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

my guess is what hippyman said or restart or glitch or somehow go backwards idk

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

I think at the end along with the free house and car a window pops up that reads something like this:

Do you spend more thank 10hrs in a row playing gemcraft? Do you limit family and social time to play gemcraft? Have you restarted a level more than five times in a row? Has your performance at work or school suffered because of Gemcraft? If you answered yes to some or all of these questions and completed this level you may have a problem.

There is Help. If you want help and you are ready please contact GCA (Gemcraft Anonymous) at 1-800-GEM-FREE.

Connor,

You have enlightened me. Thankyou. If I can manipulate the hue of monster waves that's useful. I can definitely use this as I get closer to the end. It helped out a lot with that last 25 wvs. I more than doubled my score, heeheeeee. This is good but to anger I have to sacrifice dmg construction. Once again I swear I'm done with this folly. I'll play for score another day. Focus, Focus, Focus.

I look forward to when your on your break.

I think that I get through the beginning faster by not using any prismatic traps until I need them. I just put in my first 5 prismatics in traps at waves 104/105. Then I control the computer speed using the pfx and resolution controls and with speed bumps (super high speed traps) moving them in and out of play to regulate computer lag/speed. By about wave 30 opened the throttle all the way (no prism traps/0pfx/res very low) because 1500-2000 monsters on the board. Most of the time I'm trying to put on the brakes so I can get the most work done relative to what the computer gets done.

Hippyman,

For starts look at page 138 of this thread. There are three tried and trued starts. Pick one and practice it. Keep in mind you don't have to finish every game you start :-) For me its never as easy as it sounds. Case in point, this game I tried AsSto's start and butchered it. But I could practice it and have a better start than what I was doing.

Anyway here's the skinny. Hope your bored - extra pics :-)

Lvl 106
1.73t pts, *266 multiplier

lag report: Tooo Fast, I've got traps in now though.

wave 83 - early in session
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/Picture6-1.png

wave 85 - 1t. not a record
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/Picture8-1.png

wave100 - checkpoint added 3 more traffic cops
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/Picture13.png

wave106 - breaktime
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/Picture14-1.png

Notice where I put the traps by the wiz hut in this pic and the big gap after them. I also have 275 giants at 30m hp and 3m pts on the board. I should have a great multiplier by the time they pop. I've added about 825K dmg from my last inventory. They take forever to get around with traffic control officers on duty so I'm not worried about banishment costs.

Can any one see an old man in my armatar?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

No, just a drawing of the old man's sword .
On a more relevant note, I don't think you can alter the hue of a monster (whether or not it's been called), only the hue of your gems. I might be wrong, however...
It is possible that one is better off using lots of R/B(/O) gems on the field than a bunch of R/C gems. I've not been able to perform a full analysis, however.

tpw
tpw
3 posts
Nomad

Can anyone tell me what a "stoplight" is?

tpw
tpw
3 posts
Nomad

Sorry, mis-remembered what I had read earlier - I think the person called it a "traffic cop" (not stoplight). I'm assuming this is a gem combo meant to slow/stop the advance of the monsters. What gem colors is it?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Red+Blue, in a trap, max speed, red mastery maxed.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

nice munch

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Tpw,

I like to use this gem combo in towers too because in traps 6 monsters can get targeted and in the seconds it takes them to clear others can pass untouched in their "shadow." A tower will target at the end of its range and catch any innocents within its splash radius. Also consider that in a trap it slows by 96% in a tower 55%. The more blue you add the longer the effect.

Fractalman,

I quote:

"waves become the hue of your average gem rounded to the nearest 30, this is why with a mana farma t hue 30 and 1 gem at hue 200 i have monsters with average hue of like 31, and my gem does max dmg always that way..."
-ConnorC-

I believe this too because all my waves come out at 0 or 30. I don't know where he uncovers this minutia but it is valuable info.

A sword!?? I thought maybe a bighorn sheep skull ^^

Showing 1231-1245 of 2103