ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 492004
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Mana farming is simply to have as many gems as you can that get the max mana per hit at a high hit rate.

The way I do it (takes till about wave 11-13) is as follows: I have as many grade 3 gems as possible. And max in red and orange skills. THen I bomb all grade 3 gems into half orange and half red and all lesser gems into orange. Save 1 orange and 1 red for transmuting future gems). Now combine a grade 3 red w a grade 3 orange to give gr 4 R/O, have no more than 3 of these initially. Take one of them and combine as many additional orange gems into it as you have mana/gems. Remember before you start to dig a trap for each gem. Now place these gems.

As they start hitting the monsters, create additional grade 1 gems that you transmute into orange by bombing them with your saved orange (I always keep several reserve gems in case of accident). now combine these grade 1 gems into the grade 4 R/o gems until each grade 4 gem has a mana rate of 10.1 and a firing rate of 533 and a range of 216. (takes about 2 trays of orange grade 1s).

These 3 gems on their own will take on any wave of monsters angered to 44-55 armor. Additionally they will generate immense amounts of mana, that you can use as you need to extend your mana farm, build new gems or whatever.

HTH.

Alpr
Alpr
5 posts
Nomad

Alright, I'll try that. I'm by no means poor at this game so I know everything but how to manafarm/supergem properly lol. Before, I just kept making lots of traps and R/O Grade 3 and kept the mana gain to 2.5 or so, and it got me finished on #26 arcane.

Thanks

happyforever247
happyforever247
1 posts
Nomad

Thought it was easier than the origional

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Happy,

Now you must play for pts to enjoy the full richness of the game. High scores have been posted so you can have challenges.

Any one following BC challenges -- lvl ID 1 => 200 waves; lvl ID 50 202 waves.

G/L all

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Holy macrel, munch.

BTW. Lvl #73 also has giants in many of the levels. a good level with R O L gems.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

I liked 73 when I started it but the starting hp -which is the base number for all future HPs" was high enough to be a disadvantage. Right now at wave 200 on lvl ID 50 the big giants ~1.4m hp, on lvl 73 that would be ~3.2m. But I do like the gems better 50 is a little inconvenient with o/p/c but the hp differences are worth it.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Also meant to say lvl #74 has a modes with giants, but it has a very short alternate path that cannot be stopped, since it starts off-screen. Just playing it to get all lvls finished.

Jenrose
Jenrose
5 posts
Nomad

Gah. I'm level 207, all skills maxed, working on beyond corruption, and I sailed through the first two groups of levels. Now, midway through the third, I am stuck. I can't buy more skills, and apparently what I have is just flat out not enough to deal with the last few waves of any level I've tried past this area.

Very frustrating, I've got 22 skill points built up, but nowhere to spend them, and that means I will never be more skilled than I am right now... so i don't know if I'll be able to get past these levels at all.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Jenrose, you have more than enough to finish. I am >lvl 2,300 wizard and have >10,000 unused skill points.

Your strategy should be to build Red/orange gems that fire at max rate (533-670) and earn 10.1 mana per hit. You get this by supergemming a few initial R/O gems (create a few grade 4 R/o gems initially, then combine as many grade 1 Orange gems to make them meet the sepcs). THis is called a mana farm.

Then anger the early waves. Many of us anger the early waves to armor 10-12 initially, but by the end of the stage, waves can be andered into the 100s.

This gives you lots of mana to build incredible numbers of gems with incredible powers.

I'm on a quest to finish all levels and all modes (I'm about 14 modes on 2 levels away). When I get a boring level, then after about 23, I'm so strong I can release all the next levels simultaneously.

When I find a level I like, I anger a lot and can have >1,000 giant monsters on the track at the same time.

Jenrose
Jenrose
5 posts
Nomad

I've been mana farming with straight orange gems, and once I got to the point of having 8 orange level 6 out + one prismatic, the rest comes pretty easy. But I'll try the red/orange duel gems. Thanks!

Jenrose
Jenrose
5 posts
Nomad

Oh, at this point I've done all levels except <half the beyond corruption ones, and have all but one of my amulets. I did get through the "impossible" ones, just had to concentrate hard on the orange, but your way sounds easier, if I can get the knack.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Jenrose,

the red is essential because it hits up to 6 monsters at once. Hover over the gem in the trap and it will tell you once you are hitting more than 4. (lvl 6 red will give you 6 at a time for life). After you max the # of monsters hit every O added adds to the firing speed.

G/L

NiveousWinter
NiveousWinter
6 posts
Nomad

Note: When I speak of levels, I'm referring to an actual round/map, not the sections themselves. Ex- Third level = Level id #3. Not sure if I needed to include this, but I have been slightly confused when people refer to the word level. That being said, I just wanted to be sure people knew what I was talking about.

Alright so, I just beat the first Arcane Guardian (after endless amount of tries and 3 to 4 hours ._. WOOO!!! nonetheless though ). From what I've read, the next couple of levels are... Okay, let's face it. ALL of the game is difficult in one way or another, but it seems the next few levels can be exceptionally hard.

So, my question is, what's the recommended level/level range and/or skill set up? Thanks ahead of time for the info. =]

P.S.- Sorry if the post is lengthy. Just woke up and have gotten a total of no more than 5 hours of sleep the past two nights. x.x;

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Final victory:

I did it. Every level, every mode, every amulet. Here is the last amulet for killing 100 Arcane monsters. I wasn't gunning for score anymore, just to get it over with.

http://i48.tinypic.com/24o4yvo.jpg

I'm slightly disappointed to say that there is no Easter Egg, hidden level or any other reward for doing this. I was hoping for 72 virgins, but I guess I will have to make another quest for that.

Now what shall I do with all my time?

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

NW,

Now mana farming is essential - the more mana for goodies the easier you will find it to beat the bad guys (more wayas to beat them too). Be patient while building, timing between building farms and taking care of is one of practice. But once you get the hang of it you will find the game alot more fun ( I know it's hard to beleive but true)

i don't know your play style so I'll touch on basics and if I repeat stuff you already do, forgive:

mana farm: build combo R/O gems in traps by monsters den. Start w/3 and build more as you can. BUT get as much as you can from 1st 3. Red is for # of monsters hit up to a max of 6 at a time O increases the amt of mana gained up to max of 10.1 per hit. IMP: Every O you add to a trap (you can do this in the field) ADDS to the firing speed to max 670 hit/min or ~ 11 hit/sec.

Fine tune:

if you start with a 4th trap of b/r closest to den monsters will tary on your farm giving you more mana and more dmg to monsters

if you haven't started angering yet you need to. At some point your farm traps will start killing outright. This no good=>no monster no mana :-)

Hope this gets you started on second section - g/l

Showing 1996-2010 of 2103