ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491788
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
Jenrose
Jenrose
5 posts
Nomad

I just finished.

Everything. Every amulet, level, section, everything completely done.

Vettou
Vettou
11 posts
Nomad

Gemcraft is easy for me because i use the super gem strategy:

For example just use 1 dual gem at least lvl 3(red & orange) and combine it with lvl 1 gems (also red & orange) The firing speed will get up to 222 , and an awesome range! This is the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPo_AahGXNE

I didint make the video.

Vettou
Vettou
11 posts
Nomad

Just copy & paste the video link if id doesint work.

wraislou
wraislou
5 posts
Nomad

Meh, it's all easy with the hacked save on the previous page.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

My new obsession: Munch, I've found my new timewaster. It is Creeper World on Kongregate. It is also a TD-type of game, except you have to invade the territory being taken over by creeping spores or something.

I played all the levels on Kongregate and bought the full version for $10. I've had three hours sleep in the last 24. I've played the Kong demo game, the entire story, and an now on the 15th world of conquest. Liked the story the best. Also what I really, really like is that you can actually win at the end. It's tough, but you do win - decisively.

theBCL
theBCL
1 posts
Nomad

grade 20 gem
http://www.photodump.org/stored30/grade20trap.jpg<br>http://www.photodump.org/stored30/gemgrade20.jpg

starkjohan
starkjohan
2 posts
Nomad

I've been trying for score the last few days after grinding levels for quite some time. I really enjoy the "normal" way of playing but the endurance/score angle seemed like an interesting challenge so I dove right in. After a couple of failures I've now got a 600k score going on lvl#23 endurance at wave 113. I realize this is nothing compared to the experienced players but you have to start somewhere, right?

My problem is dmg. I'm not killing anything anymore (after wave 105 or so). What is the best way to kill all those critters? I have a bunch of 25k towers (279 firing speed is the cap, right?) but it's just not enough anymore. My mana pool of 450k fills up in parts of a second so I've got funds to spend, I just don't know what the best way of spending is atm. Do I need prismatic traps to go beyond wave 100? This run only has r/o/p/b/y so no prismatics this time.

/ A noob trying to improve his score

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

@starkjohan: YOu can't kill the later waves of creepers. The score strategy is to bomb the earlier waves that can be killed to increase their points and the number of monsters that deliver those points.

starkjohan
starkjohan
2 posts
Nomad

Ok, but surely I must be able to do more damage than 20k towers and kill stuff beyond wave 100? I'm thinking supergemmed traps/towers in a smart combination or whatever. My game could go on for many hours still as the mana production is so high but I wouldn't get any points as nothing dies but I see in this thread that you guys are running your games way beyond wave 100.
On a different note, what's the point of combining gems beyond level, say 12. By that level all features are maxed out (e.g. firing speed, mana gain and so on). It seems supergemming to infinity is the only thing that works?

kingdom01
kingdom01
2 posts
Nomad

it's fun coming up with your own combinations. It get's harder as you go on but it get addicting!

pchess
pchess
2 posts
Nomad

How to view the info of a monster when the path is full of traps? I click on that monster but what appears is always the info of the nearest trap rather than the monster

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

pchess: Remove the gem from one of the traps. Or hope it's a Giant that is bigger than the path, then click on its parts outside the path.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Pchess,

I also have luck selecting monsters by clicking outside of the path where there are no towers, not on a monster but near. No gem trap specs come up only monster :-)

\\

Karsten

Just catching up on my GC. I'll have to give this Jeepers a try. I bought myself a UPS for Xmas so I'm flirting with trying to finish a big game w/20t. As long as I don't have any power outages for more than 18 hrs I'm good to go.

I'll try this Jeepers first. My Kong name is Munchgem... You?

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Karsten,

Thanks for the heads up on that Creepers game its fabulous!! If anyone thinks GC is too hard they should try it ;-) Very sophisticated.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i may return for a bit, but i think i will for sure this summer, any big updates whiel i was gone? i think thread died when i left a bit

Showing 2026-2040 of 2103