ForumsWEPR[necro]Ethics: Your choice

340 104724
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

This will be an ethical question thread, that will relate mainly to religious beliefs and ethics. Hopefully it will be a good idea and people will want to play.

Each week I will present a topic, and you may discuss it, and bring your morality into the question.

This week:
soldiers have come to search your house! They will kill you and eat you if they find you. You are hiding in the closet farther away from the door than your friend who is hiding underneath a sofa. The people eating soldiers stop in front of the sofa, and start bending over slowly to see if there is anyone underneath it. You see this through the crack in the door. You have 2 choices to jump out, scream and run out the door to save your bestest friend in the whole world, or you can watch them drag him away.

basically would you save yourself? or would you save your friend.

• 340 Replies
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

That's a tough one. I hope that I would save my friend, and logically, I might be able to distract them AND get away, but fear comes out in everyone. They might find me in the closet anyway, so I hope I'd conquer my fear.

Interesting idea for a thread, though. I'll be sure to come here every week!

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

or every minute and debate about your answer.

Lets just say you'd die if you saved your friend for harder decisions sake.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

If I died I probably wouldn't do it. Since they're probably going to kill him anyway, despite my minor distraction.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

so what would happen if you knew he wouldn't die? one of you would for sure die, but the decision is up to you.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Hmm...so if it was a question of whos life you value more. I would probably save my friend, and just hope that it doesn't hurt too bad being eaten... Maybe my friend would come back and save me, lol.

paintballer222
paintballer222
565 posts
Nomad

As a christian I would try to save my freind. Teh bible says to put others before yourself. And I would go to heaven if I died anyway.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I hate to say it like this but it would depend on how much of a friend he is, if he's just a guy a met a year or two ago that i don't know all that well i'm ashamed to say that i would hope for the best and leave him there. If it was a person that i considered a brother/sister/love of my life etc. i would gladly sacrifice my self as a distraction so that they would be able to get away. And since i know a bit of martial arts and most of my friends do to, i would hope that we would be able to take them out you'd be surprised what a strike to certain points of the human anatomy would do. And no i'm not referring to the private parts.

Lord_Mist
Lord_Mist
571 posts
Nomad

maybe my friend would come back and save me, lol

And u two will be eaten together..
Hmm. I would save my friend. I might distract them too! And.... If u have a gun at home.. Why dont u shoot them? I just give u an idea, lol
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Interesting!

As a christian I would try to save my freind. Teh bible says to put others before yourself. And I would go to heaven if I died anyway.

well youre a damn good Christian, never expected something less than from an idealist.

I hate to say it like this but it would depend on how much of a friend he is, if he's just a guy a met a year or two ago that i don't know all that well i'm ashamed to say that i would hope for the best and leave him there. If it was a person that i considered a brother/sister/love of my life etc. i would gladly sacrifice my self as a distraction so that they would be able to get away.

That is great, I agree, but I wrote that he was your "Bestest" that is 2 superlatives.

And u two will be eaten together..
Hmm. I would save my friend. I might distract them too! And.... If u have a gun at home.. Why dont u shoot them? I just give u an idea, lol

trying to get around the question... just answer it, it isn't a trick question. you don't have guns or anything. This question is just to see your ethics and morals there are no strings attached.
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

so what would happen if you knew he wouldn't die? one of you would for sure die, but the decision is up to you.

Thing is, being in a situation is different than debating about it on a forum. I know the right thing to do is to save my friend, and if I had to choose now I know I'd choose that. But under the pressure, my fear might give myself in, and I'm not perfect.
or every minute and debate about your answer.

Um, okay? I usually just do that on actual debates so people can get a quick response. Nothing to debate here, really. It's what a person would do. If it makes you feel better, this is my last post today.
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

wouldnt they just kill you and your friend? Your better choice would just be to stay in the closet. What sort of sacrifice would that be?

Also what kind of soldiers are they lol?

paintballer222
paintballer222
565 posts
Nomad

Also even if he was a stranger that I didn't know I would want him to live and be able to become a christian before death so he can go to heaven.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

oddly enough my friends and i talked about something similar to this we all agreed we're on our own so i'd let my friend get eaten

Somecallmetim
Somecallmetim
66 posts
Nomad

I really have no idea. I'd guess that Fear would overtake me and I'd probably end up letting my friend get eaten. Although Ideally I would like to save my friend.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Hmm very interesting, I myself being human want to live for my self. Because like most of them I am selfish. Which in itself is a bad trait, but I guess it keeps you alive huh.

Showing 1-15 of 340